How can I identify whose version that I have of an ATI card?

The card is a Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb, but that's about all I know - what can
I do to identify the manufacturer or version etc?

Nothing on the card seems to give away this detail.

I've popped a scan of the front and back on the web at:

http://www.open.ac.uk/socialsciences/ati-front.jpg (761Kb)
http://www.open.ac.uk/socialsciences/ati-back.jpg (1.16Mb)

if anyone would care to take a look and let me know? Sorry the file sizes
are large, but I guess detail is important!

Item is brand new (from a replacement under warranty of something completely
different) - but no box, manuals, drivers or cables - how much is it roughly
worth, or rather - is it worth using or indeed replacing/selling/passing on
instead?

Thanks,
D.

Liam

"David Wright" <david.wright@open.ac.uk> wrote in message
> How can I identify whose version that I have of an ATI card?
>
> The card is a Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb, but that's about all I know - what
> can I do to identify the manufacturer or version etc?
>
> Nothing on the card seems to give away this detail.
>
> I've popped a scan of the front and back on the web at:
>
> http://www.open.ac.uk/socialsciences/ati-front.jpg (761Kb)
> http://www.open.ac.uk/socialsciences/ati-back.jpg (1.16Mb)
>
> if anyone would care to take a look and let me know? Sorry the file sizes
> are large, but I guess detail is important!
>
> Item is brand new (from a replacement under warranty of something
> completely different) - but no box, manuals, drivers or cables - how much
> is it roughly worth, or rather - is it worth using or indeed
> replacing/selling/passing on instead?
>
> Thanks,
> D.

Just googled for the part number and found

Either a
RADEON 9800SE ,VDO,128M,W/S-VI

or a

Powercolor Radeon 9700 Pro (PN 109-A07500-00)

or a

Powercolor Redeon 9800 Pro 128 MB
PN: 109-A07500-00
REV A00

"David Wright" <david.wright@open.ac.uk> wrote in message
> How can I identify whose version that I have of an ATI card?
>
> The card is a Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb, but that's about all I know - what
can
> I do to identify the manufacturer or version etc?
>
> Nothing on the card seems to give away this detail.
>
> I've popped a scan of the front and back on the web at:
>
> http://www.open.ac.uk/socialsciences/ati-front.jpg (761Kb)
> http://www.open.ac.uk/socialsciences/ati-back.jpg (1.16Mb)
>
> if anyone would care to take a look and let me know? Sorry the file sizes
> are large, but I guess detail is important!
>
> Item is brand new (from a replacement under warranty of something
completely
> different) - but no box, manuals, drivers or cables - how much is it
roughly
> worth, or rather - is it worth using or indeed replacing/selling/passing
on
> instead?
>
> Thanks,
> D.

display full screen

ATI Customer Care
Product Description BIOS Part Number
102 Part Number

Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB VGA DVI-I 112A07521104 102A0752101
TVOUT

Might want to try this too:
http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/misc/atiadapterutil.html

David Wright wrote:
> How can I identify whose version that I have of an ATI card?
>
> The card is a Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb, but that's about all I know - what can
> I do to identify the manufacturer or version etc?
>
> Nothing on the card seems to give away this detail.
>
> I've popped a scan of the front and back on the web at:
>
> http://www.open.ac.uk/socialsciences/ati-front.jpg (761Kb)
> http://www.open.ac.uk/socialsciences/ati-back.jpg (1.16Mb)
>
> if anyone would care to take a look and let me know? Sorry the file sizes
> are large, but I guess detail is important!
>
> Item is brand new (from a replacement under warranty of something completely
> different) - but no box, manuals, drivers or cables - how much is it roughly
> worth, or rather - is it worth using or indeed replacing/selling/passing on
> instead?

If the photos and googling are anything to go by, this is the card:

http://www.hisdigital.com/html/product_ov.php?id=90&view=yes

Looks like a bog standard 9800 Pro, probably worth about 130-140 quid
"off the shelf" depending on where you look. Still a bloody good card
as well to be honest, so unless you're after the cash and the card's
worse than something else you've got, I'd personally stick with it.

Just my ten pence worth....

--
somnambulist

Firthy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003

On the plug where the monitor plugs into is a "HIS" sticker...
Which leads me to this HIS Excalibur 9800Pro 128MB