'morrowind turns cpu into furnace from depths of h

laserbrain711

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2004
ok so my fan stopped wurkin. it was accidently plugged out of a p9 on the mobo. ok so its running again. temps are down to 108f and thereabouts. then i try to play morrowind, which seems graphically intense, and the puppy freezes and half the graphics go transparant etc. i stop the game, check cpu temp....128f!
my system is pretty good. i mean i have no problem running anything on it and i am a hardcore gamer. the fan is working.heres my specs
compaq presario 6029us
amd athlonxp 2100+
512 ddr
ati radeon 9000

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
and yur point is?
morrowind is (as far as i know) a seriously cpu dependant game so yur cpu is gonna get hot from the load. have u played morrowind on yur system before or have u just installed and noticed this is whats happening to yur pc as a result of it?

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
well then id reckon your pc hasnt been pushed much before... ill say again that morrowind is very cpu dependant which is why it plays like a dog on alot of systems.

listen download prime95 and run the torture test and see what temp yur system goes up to.

i would ask what cpu fan have u got and is it rated for yur chip? also have u got enough air moving through the case etc.

annnd finally what other games do u have. u said yur a hardcore gamer so u have lots of games... ever had this prob before? system slow down/graphic glitches/unexpected system reboots?

apart from diagnosing yur problem as heat i cant really advise how to fix. did u put the heatsink on yurself? redo it again making sure u put enough thermal paste on.

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"