Contrast on Radeon 9700 & Samsung 213T

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

Does anyone know how to change the contrast on a Samsung 213T monitor?
When using the digital connection most of the adjustments are disabled
on the front of the monitor. I have an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro card but I
cant find anyway to set the contrast on that either, just color &
brightness.

What is the best way to calibrate a monitor so that digital images will
come out the way they are supposed to? Any calibration I have seen
starts out telling me to adjust the contrast first, so I don't get far.
Is there a calibration program that can adjust all of this stuff within
the program its self without having to use the monitor buttons (that are
disabled)?

Thanks!

In article <419A3BCF.F56C3F7F@aol.com>, Ted says...
> Does anyone know how to change the contrast on a Samsung 213T monitor?
> When using the digital connection most of the adjustments are disabled
> on the front of the monitor. I have an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro card but I
> cant find anyway to set the contrast on that either, just color &
> brightness.
>
> What is the best way to calibrate a monitor so that digital images will
> come out the way they are supposed to?

Download the drivers for the monitor which should contain the correct
colour profile for a start.

The problem is though, its a subjective thing and you can try forever
to get it perfect.

--
Conor

Normality will be restored once we work out what normality actually is.

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

Thanks for your input, but I dont think its a subjective thing at all, there
are ways to calibrate colors properly.

In article <419A63DE.62AB8AB5@aol.com>, Ted says...
> Thanks for your input, but I dont think its a subjective thing at all, there
> are ways to calibrate colors properly.

By subjective, I mean what looks right to you won;t to someone else.