Half-Life 2 rainbow textures

Im playing the game on a 9700NP with the 4.10s and getting flickering
rainbow coloured squares all over the place. I was slightly overclcoking my
card from 275/270 to 291/291 so i dropped the speeds but that hasnt helped.
Im going to try the 4.8s - anyone else getting the same thing?
2 answers Last reply
More about half life rainbow textures

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:31:07 GMT, "Sleepy"
    <nospamthanksbpespley@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >Im playing the game on a 9700NP with the 4.10s and getting flickering
    >rainbow coloured squares all over the place. I was slightly overclcoking my
    >card from 275/270 to 291/291 so i dropped the speeds but that hasnt helped.
    >Im going to try the 4.8s - anyone else getting the same thing?

    I am using the 4.4's with my 9700 Pro.

    > <nospamthanksbpespley@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>Im playing the game on a 9700NP with the 4.10s and getting flickering
    >>rainbow coloured squares all over the place. I was slightly overclcoking
    >>my
    >>card from 275/270 to 291/291 so i dropped the speeds but that hasnt
    >>helped.
    >>Im going to try the 4.8s - anyone else getting the same thing?
    >
    > I am using the 4.4's with my 9700 Pro.

    I know the 4.4s are good but I don't want to go back that far because 4.8s
    had a better OpenGL driver and are the best of the recent drivers. As I
    expected the 4.8s fixed the texture problem and ran a little smoother too.
    Im clocking my card back up too.
    I've just read posts on halflife2.net about ppl having problems with 4.9
    onwards
    so I reckon 4.8s are best for the moment.

Radeon Rainbow Games ATI Graphics