gpedit problem

Hello
I am using Windows XP Professional with SP2, during my Windows
installation procedure gpedit.dll failed to install due to some error
(probably the CD I was installing from had been damaged). As the
result of this I am unable to use local security policy console. I
certainly do not want to reinstall my system yet I can obtain
mentioned dll from another machine. The question is: is there any way
to reinstall local security policy console without OS reinstall?
Thank you in advance

Hi Marcin

Try to do a repair install instead of a full Windows Install.

John Seele

"Marcin Rzeźnicki" wrote:

> Hello
> I am using Windows XP Professional with SP2, during my Windows
> installation procedure gpedit.dll failed to install due to some error
> (probably the CD I was installing from had been damaged). As the
> result of this I am unable to use local security policy console. I
> certainly do not want to reinstall my system yet I can obtain
> mentioned dll from another machine. The question is: is there any way
> to reinstall local security policy console without OS reinstall?
> Thank you in advance

> Hi Marcin
>
> Try to do a repair install instead of a full Windows Install.

Thank you John for your advice, I'll surely try this.