Remove tray icon?

The Catalyst driver including the Control Center seems to show no option to
remove that red ATi tray icon? Is there a way to remove it?
7 answers Last reply
More about remove tray icon

    SteveK wrote:
    > The Catalyst driver including the Control Center seems to show no option to
    > remove that red ATi tray icon? Is there a way to remove it?

    Yep, it's in the Options tab.

    --
    Achim
    http://users.skynet.be/AchimT

    "Joachim Trensz" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > SteveK wrote:
    >> The Catalyst driver including the Control Center seems to show no option
    >> to remove that red ATi tray icon? Is there a way to remove it?
    >>

    > Yep, it's in the Options tab.

    Are we talking about the same? - Control Centre NOT Control Panel
    I know there is a option in the driver including the Control Panel but I
    cant find that particular option in the Control Centre (cat 4.11) it seems
    not there..

    On 11/16/2004 11:49 PM SteveK brightened our day with:

    >"Joachim Trensz" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    >

    >>SteveK wrote:
    >>

    >>>The Catalyst driver including the Control Center seems to show no option
    >>>to remove that red ATi tray icon? Is there a way to remove it?
    >>>

    >>Yep, it's in the Options tab.
    >>

    >Are we talking about the same? - Control Centre NOT Control Panel
    >I know there is a option in the driver including the Control Panel but I
    >cant find that particular option in the Control Centre (cat 4.11) it seems
    >not there..

    In the CCC, open the Preferences drop down menu and uncheck "enable
    system tray icon".

    --
    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com

    Inglo wrote:
    > On 11/16/2004 11:49 PM SteveK brightened our day with:
    >
    >> "Joachim Trensz" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

    >>> Yep, it's in the Options tab.
    >>>

    >> Are we talking about the same? - Control Centre NOT Control Panel
    >> I know there is a option in the driver including the Control Panel but
    >> I cant find that particular option in the Control Centre (cat 4.11) it
    >> seems not there..
    >>

    > In the CCC, open the Preferences drop down menu and uncheck "enable
    > system tray icon".

    Nope, it's not there, that menu only asks you to change the skins....

    --
    Jez
    'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable

    Skype callto://hellward
    NFS Porsche Unleashed, Hot Pursuit 2, Underground.
    Yeowww

    On 11/17/2004 3:46 AM Jez brightened our day with:

    > Inglo wrote:
    >
    >> On 11/16/2004 11:49 PM SteveK brightened our day with:
    >>
    >>> "Joachim Trensz" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

    >>> Are we talking about the same? - Control Centre NOT Control Panel
    >>> I know there is a option in the driver including the Control Panel
    >>> but I cant find that particular option in the Control Centre (cat
    >>> 4.11) it seems not there..
    >>>

    >> In the CCC, open the Preferences drop down menu and uncheck "enable
    >> system tray icon".
    >>
    > Nope, it's not there, that menu only asks you to change the skins....

    Yes it is, on the right side of the button there's a little arrow, click
    that arrow.

    --
    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com

    Inglo wrote:
    > On 11/17/2004 3:46 AM Jez brightened our day with:
    >
    >> Inglo wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 11/16/2004 11:49 PM SteveK brightened our day with:

    >>> In the CCC, open the Preferences drop down menu and uncheck "enable
    >>> system tray icon".
    >>>
    >> Nope, it's not there, that menu only asks you to change the skins....
    >>
    > Yes it is, on the right side of the button there's a little arrow, click
    > that arrow.

    Ahh Haa ! Yes indeed...found it...right to the preferences drop down
    menu...a little arrow which brings up other options.

    Many thanks !

    --

    "Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
    > On 11/17/2004 3:46 AM Jez brightened our day with:
    >
    >> Inglo wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 11/16/2004 11:49 PM SteveK brightened our day with:

    >>> In the CCC, open the Preferences drop down menu and uncheck "enable
    >>> system tray icon".
    >>>
    >> Nope, it's not there, that menu only asks you to change the skins....
    >>
    > Yes it is, on the right side of the button there's a little arrow, click
    > that arrow.

    Oh YES, Jesus, that is sorta hidden menu - thanks a bunch!

Radeon Catalyst ATI Graphics