bazza

Distinguished
May 9, 2004

I seem to be unable to switch off XP firewall - in 'Security Centre' it shows
firewall is switched on, yet when I hit the 'firewall tab' it says its
switched off.....duh!. Can anyone shed any light on this please? I an trying
to set up a wireless network.( the other 2 machines are fine, with free
access between them, but neither can access my main PC (the one with the
problem). I am just trying to eliminate the firewall as the possible block...
--
I am currently out of my mind but please feel free to leave a message

Bazza wrote:

> I seem to be unable to switch off XP firewall - in 'Security Centre' it shows
> firewall is switched on, yet when I hit the 'firewall tab' it says its
> switched off.....duh!. Can anyone shed any light on this please? I an trying
> to set up a wireless network.( the other 2 machines are fine, with free
> access between them, but neither can access my main PC (the one with the
> problem). I am just trying to eliminate the firewall as the possible block...
Hi

To completely disable the firewall, you can do this:

Start/Run ==> services.msc

Find "Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)" in the list.

Double click on it. Pres the Stop button if it have status Started.

Then select Disabled in the Startup type drop down list. Press OK.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

bazza

Distinguished
May 9, 2004

Thanks for replying, did what you said it switched off firewall but still
cant connect to main pc on network. Looks like its a configuration problem
after all. 'THE USER HAS NOT BEEN GRANTED THE REQUESTED LOGON TYPE AT THIS
COMPUTER'. Appreciate the effort though...