ATT takes over IE6 browser

Unable to change homepage on IE browser--stuck on http://www.att.net, my
previous DSL carrier. Have several different malware/adware/antispy
programs running, none have detected any hijacks. Have tried running CW
shredder, no work. Have used HijackThis to remove suspect homepage/start
page entries from Registry, but also no avail. Also ran Ad Aware VX2, says
system is clean No matter what I do to try to change homepage, it keeps going
back to ATT.Net. Running WinXP SP2 and running out of ideas.
What am I missing? Many thanks to anyone with some answers!!

Home page setting changes unexpectedly, or you cannot change your home page setting
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320159

http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/s­scv6/default.asp?langid=ie&ven­id=sym

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en