IE Homepage stuck

April 23, 2005 4:16:02 PM

IE Homepage won't change, stuck on http://www.att.net/ Have used every
conceivable Spy, Ad, Trojan and Malware program imaginable. All come back
clean. Page always reverts back after I change in options or directly
through regedit. The two suspect registry values I can not change nor
delete--

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main Start page Reg
SZ stuck on http://www.att.net/

Same for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main
Default page RegSZ stuck on http://www.att.net/

No matter what I do, erase or change values via regedit, both keep reverting
back to ATT. I'm at my wits end---no program, no MS advice is resolving the
problem.

Can anybody help? Thanks so much!

More about : homepage stuck

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 2:01:16 PM

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Home Page Setting Changes Unexpectedly, or You Cannot Change Your Home Page Setting
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320159

or perhaps post to the Internet Explorer Newsgroup

"wagthedog" <wagthedog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> IE Homepage won't change, stuck on http://www.att.net/ Have used every
> conceivable Spy, Ad, Trojan and Malware program imaginable. All come back
> clean. Page always reverts back after I change in options or directly
> through regedit. The two suspect registry values I can not change nor
> delete--
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main Start page Reg
> SZ stuck on http://www.att.net/
>
> Same for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main
> Default page RegSZ stuck on http://www.att.net/
>
> No matter what I do, erase or change values via regedit, both keep reverting
> back to ATT. I'm at my wits end---no program, no MS advice is resolving the
> problem.
>
> Can anybody help? Thanks so much!
April 24, 2005 2:01:17 PM

In news:udz3%23CGSFHA.3296@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Taurarian <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> had this to say:

> Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
>
> Home Page Setting Changes Unexpectedly, or You Cannot Change Your
> Home Page Setting http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320159
>
> or perhaps post to the Internet Explorer Newsgroup

If nothing there seems helpful it's probably branding from installing some
AT&T software.

Try this link of Doug's.

Remove IE/OE Branding:
http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scripts_desc/unbrand.ht...