IE Homepage stuck

IE Homepage won't change, stuck on http://www.att.net/ Have used every
conceivable Spy, Ad, Trojan and Malware program imaginable. All come back
clean. Page always reverts back after I change in options or directly
through regedit. The two suspect registry values I can not change nor
delete--

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main Start page Reg
SZ stuck on http://www.att.net/

Same for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main
Default page RegSZ stuck on http://www.att.net/

No matter what I do, erase or change values via regedit, both keep reverting
back to ATT. I'm at my wits end---no program, no MS advice is resolving the
problem.

Can anybody help? Thanks so much!
3 answers Last reply
More about homepage stuck

    Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    Home Page Setting Changes Unexpectedly, or You Cannot Change Your Home Page Setting
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320159

    or perhaps post to the Internet Explorer Newsgroup

    In news:udz3%23CGSFHA.3296@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    Taurarian <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> had this to say:

    > Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
    > http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    >
    > Home Page Setting Changes Unexpectedly, or You Cannot Change Your
    > Home Page Setting http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320159
    >
    > or perhaps post to the Internet Explorer Newsgroup

    If nothing there seems helpful it's probably branding from installing some
    AT&T software.

    Try this link of Doug's.

    Remove IE/OE Branding:
    http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scripts_desc/unbrand.htm

    Galen
  3. Quote:

    Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    Home Page Setting Changes Unexpectedly, or You Cannot Change Your Home Page Setting
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320159

    or perhaps post to the Internet Explorer Newsgroup

    "wagthedog" <wagthedog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > IE Homepage won't change, stuck on http://www.att.net/ Have used every
    > conceivable Spy, Ad, Trojan and Malware program imaginable. All come back
    > clean. Page always reverts back after I change in options or directly
    > through regedit. The two suspect registry values I can not change nor
    > delete--
    >
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main Start page Reg
    > SZ stuck on http://www.att.net/
    >
    > Same for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main
    > Default page RegSZ stuck on http://www.att.net/
    >
    > No matter what I do, erase or change values via regedit, both keep reverting
    > back to ATT. I'm at my wits end---no program, no MS advice is resolving the
    > problem.
    >
    > Can anybody help? Thanks so much!

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP