AIW 9600 tv video

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Have lost the video on my ATI AIW 9600. TV audio is fine so I suspect the
video portion of the AIW is hatched.
Have reseated the card. that's all I've done so far. Will go to the ATI site
but don't have much hope from those guys,.
Any ideas out there would much appreciate
Thanks
john h

"john" <hudson75@knology.net> wrote in message
> Have lost the video on my ATI AIW 9600. TV audio is fine so I suspect
the
> video portion of the AIW is hatched.
> Have reseated the card. that's all I've done so far. Will go to the ATI
site
> but don't have much hope from those guys,.
> Any ideas out there would much appreciate
> Thanks
> john h

Is all video gone or just the TV video? Need more details.
The chance of it being software/hardware is 98/2.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

"T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "john" <hudson75@knology.net> wrote in message
>> Have lost the video on my ATI AIW 9600. TV audio is fine so I suspect
> the
>> video portion of the AIW is hatched.
>> Have reseated the card. that's all I've done so far. Will go to the ATI
> site
>> but don't have much hope from those guys,.
>> Any ideas out there would much appreciate
>> Thanks
>> john h
>>

> Is all video gone or just the TV video? Need more details.
> The chance of it being software/hardware is 98/2.
>
>The main video is fine. when I call for TV I get TV sound on all channels
>but no picture. When I go to composite and run the analog VCR I get sound
>but no picture.Should I remove all ATI drivers and reinstall. This happened
>with no new installs .the wife watches TV on it sometimes and she mentioned
>she had lost picture

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

> "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> "john" <hudson75@knology.net> wrote in message
>>> Have lost the video on my ATI AIW 9600. TV audio is fine so I suspect
>> the
>>> video portion of the AIW is hatched.
>>> Have reseated the card. that's all I've done so far. Will go to the ATI
>> site
>>> but don't have much hope from those guys,.
>>> Any ideas out there would much appreciate
>>> Thanks
>>> john h
>>>

>> Is all video gone or just the TV video? Need more details.
>> The chance of it being software/hardware is 98/2.
>>
>>The main video is fine. when I call for TV I get TV sound on all channels
>>but no picture. When I go to composite and run the analog VCR I get sound
>>but no picture.Should I remove all ATI drivers and reinstall. This
>>happened with no new installs .the wife watches TV on it sometimes and she
>>mentioned she had lost picture
>

>OK panic over. Uninstalled all. Reinstalled from the CD. All OK. I'm not a
>gammer so probably won't fool with the latest drivers for now.
What
I need to do is quit following this news group, then I wouldn't be tempted
try the latest Catalysts

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

>>OK panic over. Uninstalled all. Reinstalled from the CD. All OK. I'm not a
>>gammer so probably won't fool with the latest drivers for now.
>
> What
> I need to do is quit following this news group, then I wouldn't be tempted
> try the latest Catalysts

Hear, Hear!! That's been the source of my problems too. Guess common
sense (not always followed) says "if it ain't broke, don't fix it, even with
the latest drivers."

"Jack" <ljkahn4@cox.net> wrote in message

> >>OK panic over. Uninstalled all. Reinstalled from the CD. All OK. I'm not
> >>gammer so probably won't fool with the latest drivers for now.
> >
> > What
> > I need to do is quit following this news group, then I wouldn't be
tempted
> > try the latest Catalysts
>
> Hear, Hear!! That's been the source of my problems too. Guess common
> sense (not always followed) says "if it ain't broke, don't fix it, even
with
> the latest drivers."

Went to check things in Control Panel(CCC) and it won't open since
installing the latest Cat drivers(resisted last month). Reinstalled
everything and still no good. Put in MMC 9.03 today and now DTVs acting
funny. Haven't had a chance to check anything else. I'm spending way too
much time on this.

>> > What
>> > I need to do is quit following this news group, then I wouldn't be
> tempted
>> > try the latest Catalysts

I've learned my lesson as well. Installed that .net trash from M$ just to do
the last Cat upgrade and things have been going downhill ever since.
Installed SP2 on Monday hoping that might help and things went from bad to
worse. Going to spend this weekend and reformat/re-install all the OS and
apps and be done with it.