rosewill 9600 memory speed question

I just received and installed a Rosewill RW9600-128d video card -
Radeon 9600 128bit 128MB, core clock speed 325MHz, memory speed
400MHz. I ran a few tests and they are all reporting the memory speed
at 196Mhz instead of the 400MHz stated on the mfr website and box. Is
there a reason for this, or is there something I need to do to enable
the DDR memory? Obviously I want to resolve this and have the memory
running at the full speed that it is supposed to. I am running at
AGP 8X as confirmed by the ATI 'smartgart'. Thanks in advance.

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

"macowski" <stevesai@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just received and installed a Rosewill RW9600-128d video card -
> Radeon 9600 128bit 128MB, core clock speed 325MHz, memory speed
> 400MHz. I ran a few tests and they are all reporting the memory speed
> at 196Mhz instead of the 400MHz stated on the mfr website and box. Is
> there a reason for this, or is there something I need to do to enable
> the DDR memory? Obviously I want to resolve this and have the memory
> running at the full speed that it is supposed to. I am running at
> AGP 8X as confirmed by the ATI 'smartgart'. Thanks in advance.

The tests you refer to are reporting the actual speed of the memory
not its effective speed. Its working fine at 196mhz which with double
data rate is effectively 398mhz - nothings wrong.

> The tests you refer to are reporting the actual speed of the memory
> not its effective speed. Its working fine at 196mhz which with double
> data rate is effectively 398mhz - nothings wrong.

Um, 196 * 2 = 392, but yeah, it's about where it should be.

TRENDING THREADS