ATI AIW 9800 Pro Sound Capture varies

When I'm watching TV (using the coax input) my sound is ok. If I start
capturing, the sound is still fine, but if I play the file later the volume
varies greatly. I almost have to constantly adjust the volume every 10
seconds or so. I've changed the quality settings, made sure nothing else
was running at the time, but nothing seems to effect it. Has anyone else
run into this problem? Thank you.

You might try reinstalling your sound card/on-board sound drivers.

--
Robert J. Salvi, Ambiance Acoustics
http://www.ambianceacoustics.com

In article <sMfnd.83$Uj.45@twister.socal.rr.com>, R. J. Salvi says...
> You might try reinstalling your sound card/on-board sound drivers.

Why? Its nothing to do with them.

--
Conor

Normality will be restored once we work out what normality actually is.

"Conor" <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <sMfnd.83$Uj.45@twister.socal.rr.com>, R. J. Salvi says...
>> You might try reinstalling your sound card/on-board sound drivers.
>>

> Why? Its nothing to do with them.

If it's not them, then what is it?

It's a software controlled recording and playback environment and his
problems are with post-recorded sound. Depending upon the order in which the
sound card software was installed compared to the MMC software, it may very
well be an issue between MMC and the sound card drivers. Since the ATI
software can be buggy and reinstalling it requires jumping through a few
hoops, the easiest place to start troubleshooting is to reinstall the sound
card drivers.

Now I have no problem with someone correcting me if I err, but if I were the
one pointing the finger, I'd be inclined to support my claims with more than
just: "Why? Its nothing to do with them."