Administrator Account login disappeared

I have just created a second administrator account and also a limited
account. I now do not have the ability to login as the original administrator
anymore? I can see that I can still access the documents and everything
through the second administrator account, but I wish to have the ability to
also login as the original administrator too. How can I do this?

Malke

Derek D... wrote:

> I have just created a second administrator account and also a limited
> account. I now do not have the ability to login as the original
> administrator anymore? I can see that I can still access the documents
> and everything through the second administrator account, but I wish to
> have the ability to also login as the original administrator too. How
> can I do this?

Go to MVP Kelly Theriot's site here:

and in the "A" section scroll down to the Administrator entries for the
Welcome Screen.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

ok I've dowloaded the INF fix, but it seems to be a text file of some
nature...so it doesn't actually install. Do I need to place it in a
particular folder?

"Malke" wrote:

> Derek D... wrote:
>
> > I have just created a second administrator account and also a limited
> > account. I now do not have the ability to login as the original
> > administrator anymore? I can see that I can still access the documents
> > and everything through the second administrator account, but I wish to
> > have the ability to also login as the original administrator too. How
> > can I do this?
>
> Go to MVP Kelly Theriot's site here:
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
>
> and in the "A" section scroll down to the Administrator entries for the
> Welcome Screen.
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

FIXED! I tried the VB fix and it worked...thanks heaps!
Derek

Derek D... wrote:
> I have just created a second administrator account and also a limited
> account. I now do not have the ability to login as the original administrator
> anymore? I can see that I can still access the documents and everything
> through the second administrator account, but I wish to have the ability to
> also login as the original administrator too. How can I do this?

As you've just learned, once any additional user accounts have been
created, the Administrator account will no longer be displayed on the
Welcome Screen. This is a default security feature. By design, the
only way to log into the Administrator account of WinXP Home is to
reboot into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at
the Welcome Screen will produce the standard login dialog box.

The built-in Administrator account really isn't intended to be used
for day-to-day normal use. The standard security practice is to set a
strong password on it and use it only to create another account for
regular use, reserving the Administrator account as a "back door" in
case something corrupts your regular account(s).

A wiser course of action would be to create another user account
for your daily use, as you say you've done, and copy desired the files
and settings from the Administrator account to this newly created user
profile.

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm