Editing Group Policies

Boy I am confused. My man concern is to limit the Guest account to the hi
nines. The best way to do this I can see is to edit the group policies, but.
When I edit them it makes the changes over all accounts. I have tried to go
into mmc and add a snap-in called group policy. The main one is the local
computer. I was going to change it to the guest group but couldn't. My
question is how do I get the same options as in Local Computer Policy\User
Configuration\Administrative Templates. There are a lot of options there that
I would like to use against the guest account. Please help.

-Jake Sherlock
2 answers Last reply
More about editing group policies

    Jake Sherlock wrote:

    > Boy I am confused. My man concern is to limit the Guest account to the hi
    > nines. The best way to do this I can see is to edit the group policies, but.
    > When I edit them it makes the changes over all accounts. I have tried to go
    > into mmc and add a snap-in called group policy. The main one is the local
    > computer. I was going to change it to the guest group but couldn't. My
    > question is how do I get the same options as in Local Computer Policy\User
    > Configuration\Administrative Templates. There are a lot of options there that
    > I would like to use against the guest account. Please help.
    Hi

    Some info here:
    http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?selm=X7idnUp3EfroSajfRVn-oQ%40comcast.com

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    Group policies apply to all users on a computer that is not in a domain environment. See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Windows XP Security Console for an application that will allow you to enforce a good set of restrictions on a per-user basis.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Jake Sherlock" <Jake Sherlock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59B83368-418D-40EF-AEA0-3932D4C715DD@microsoft.com...
    > Boy I am confused. My man concern is to limit the Guest account to the hi
    > nines. The best way to do this I can see is to edit the group policies, but.
    > When I edit them it makes the changes over all accounts. I have tried to go
    > into mmc and add a snap-in called group policy. The main one is the local
    > computer. I was going to change it to the guest group but couldn't. My
    > question is how do I get the same options as in Local Computer Policy\User
    > Configuration\Administrative Templates. There are a lot of options there that
    > I would like to use against the guest account. Please help.
    >
    > -Jake Sherlock

Windows XP