TV out jerky playback

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 19, 2004 9:52:26 PM

Hi all

Hope some one can help with a little problem I've got.

I setup my spare PC as a media centre and I'm getting slightly jerky
playback when playing video on the TV.

Specs
Gigabyte GA7VXP MB
Athlon 2800 ( Barton)
1GB Crucial PC3200
Radeon 9200
4x 160GB HD's
DVD +-RW

Latest drivers 4.11 installed

Playback on the PC itself is flawless, connecting to the TV using the
composite out. Doesn't matter if the video file is played direct from the PC
or over the network from the file server. All video plays fine on all PC's
and even the laptop when streamed over the network.

Any ideas?

Thanks

More about : jerky playback

Anonymous
November 19, 2004 9:57:46 PM

"Heckler ²°°³" <spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> Hope some one can help with a little problem I've got.
>
> I setup my spare PC as a media centre and I'm getting slightly jerky
> playback when playing video on the TV.
>
> Specs
> Gigabyte GA7VXP MB
> Athlon 2800 ( Barton)
> 1GB Crucial PC3200
> Radeon 9200
> 4x 160GB HD's
> DVD +-RW
>
> Latest drivers 4.11 installed
>
> Playback on the PC itself is flawless, connecting to the TV using the
> composite out. Doesn't matter if the video file is played direct from the
PC
> or over the network from the file server. All video plays fine on all PC's
> and even the laptop when streamed over the network.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/3106.html
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 10:11:57 PM

Make sure you have the latest mainboad chipset drivers...

Also, I've found some TSRs cause issues with acceleration... My media
keyboard software interferes with video playback so I have to exit it before
using Mediaplayer.

Try running DXDIAG and going through the tests. I found that it would say
"test ended by keypress" when trying to do the video tests. In other cases I
found that AGP acceleration was disabled because of chipset driver issues.

"Heckler ²°°³" <spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> Hope some one can help with a little problem I've got.
>
> I setup my spare PC as a media centre and I'm getting slightly jerky
> playback when playing video on the TV.
>
> Specs
> Gigabyte GA7VXP MB
> Athlon 2800 ( Barton)
> 1GB Crucial PC3200
> Radeon 9200
> 4x 160GB HD's
> DVD +-RW
>
> Latest drivers 4.11 installed
>
> Playback on the PC itself is flawless, connecting to the TV using the
> composite out. Doesn't matter if the video file is played direct from the
PC
> or over the network from the file server. All video plays fine on all PC's
> and even the laptop when streamed over the network.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

November 20, 2004 2:50:44 PM

Heckler ²°°³ wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Hope some one can help with a little problem I've got.
>
> I setup my spare PC as a media centre and I'm getting slightly jerky
> playback when playing video on the TV.
>
> Specs
> Gigabyte GA7VXP MB
> Athlon 2800 ( Barton)
> 1GB Crucial PC3200
> Radeon 9200
> 4x 160GB HD's
> DVD +-RW
>
> Latest drivers 4.11 installed
>
> Playback on the PC itself is flawless, connecting to the TV using the
> composite out. Doesn't matter if the video file is played direct from the PC
> or over the network from the file server. All video plays fine on all PC's
> and even the laptop when streamed over the network.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

Try this:
http://ogo.nerim.net/reclockfilter/