Event ID: 1802
Date: 4/25/2005
Time: 6:52:24 AM
User: N/A
Computer: ANDY-NOTEBOOK
The Windows Security Center Service was unable to establish event queries
with WMI to monitor third party AntiVirus and Firewall.

Data:
0000: 02 40 00 80 .@.?

Is there anyway to fix this? I've tried 'un-installing' and 'reinstalling'
my Virus software several time with no luck.

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about security center recognizing virus protection

    I had a problem with WMI and had to reinstall the system. Go to "my
    computer", right click and select properties. Is the processor, speed, and
    memory listed. If not, then there is a WMI problem. If it is there then I
    don't know.

    "Andy" <Andy @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm getting this 'Security Control Center' error in the 'Event Log' at
    > start-up and MS is not recognizing my Virus Protections software as being
    > found.
    >
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: SecurityCenter
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 1802
    > Date: 4/25/2005
    > Time: 6:52:24 AM
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: ANDY-NOTEBOOK
    > The Windows Security Center Service was unable to establish event queries
    > with WMI to monitor third party AntiVirus and Firewall.

    > Data:
    > 0000: 02 40 00 80 .@.?
    >
    > Is there anyway to fix this? I've tried 'un-installing' and
    > 'reinstalling'
    > my Virus software several time with no luck.
    >
    > Thanks

    It is the responsibility of the antivirus program manufacturer to design
    their software to be recognized by the Windows Security Center.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Andy" wrote:

    | I'm getting this 'Security Control Center' error in the 'Event Log' at
    | start-up and MS is not recognizing my Virus Protections software as being
    | found.
    |
    | Event Type: Error
    | Event Source: SecurityCenter
    | Event Category: None
    | Event ID: 1802
    | Date: 4/25/2005
    | Time: 6:52:24 AM
    | User: N/A
    | Computer: ANDY-NOTEBOOK
    | The Windows Security Center Service was unable to establish event queries
    | with WMI to monitor third party AntiVirus and Firewall.
    |
    | For more information, see Help and Support Center at
    | http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    | Data:
    | 0000: 02 40 00 80 .@.?
    |
    | Is there anyway to fix this? I've tried 'un-installing' and 'reinstalling'
    | my Virus software several time with no luck.
    |
    | Thanks

    'un-installing' and 'reinstalling' the Virus software won't help in this
    case. The error is reporting a failure in the Windows Management
    Instrumentation (WMI) service, i.e. it is failing in trying to check for AV
    software at all. See
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823775

    I have found this error to sometimes relate to other problems (with the COM+
    service) and to be very difficult to repair except by a repair install.
    --

    "Andy" <Andy @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm getting this 'Security Control Center' error in the 'Event Log' at
    > start-up and MS is not recognizing my Virus Protections software as being
    > found.
    >
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: SecurityCenter
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 1802
    > Date: 4/25/2005
    > Time: 6:52:24 AM
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: ANDY-NOTEBOOK
    > The Windows Security Center Service was unable to establish event queries
    > with WMI to monitor third party AntiVirus and Firewall.

    > Data:
    > 0000: 02 40 00 80 .@.?
    >
    > Is there anyway to fix this? I've tried 'un-installing' and
    > 'reinstalling'
    > my Virus software several time with no luck.
    >
    > Thanks

    The WMI database isn't corrupt. I can do the 'properites' on both the
    'Network Places' and 'Computer' and get valid responses from both. I really
    don't want to have to do a 'inplace' reinstall. I was hoping there be a
    smipler solution.

    Thanks - Andy

    andy wrote:

    > The WMI database isn't corrupt. I can do the 'properites' on both the
    > 'Network Places' and 'Computer' and get valid responses from both. I
    > really
    > don't want to have to do a 'inplace' reinstall. I was hoping there be
    > a smipler solution.
    >
    > Thanks - Andy
    >
    > "GTS" wrote:
    >
    >> 'un-installing' and 'reinstalling' the Virus software won't help in
    >> this
    >> case. The error is reporting a failure in the Windows Management
    >> Instrumentation (WMI) service, i.e. it is failing in trying to check
    >> for AV
    >> software at all. See
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823775
    >>
    >> I have found this error to sometimes relate to other problems (with
    >> the COM+ service) and to be very difficult to repair except by a
    >> repair install. --
    >>
    >> "Andy" <Andy @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > I'm getting this 'Security Control Center' error in the 'Event Log'
    >> > at start-up and MS is not recognizing my Virus Protections software
    >> > as being found.

    Andy, if you know your antivirus software is working and is a current
    version (not earlier than 2004) and the virus definitions are
    up-to-date, don't worry about it. Open the Security Center applet from
    Control Panel and click on "Change how Security Center alerts me" and
    uncheck the antivirus alerts. Not every antivirus works well with
    Security Center. Security Center is really just an alert system; the
    fact that it might not recognize every antivirus program does not mean
    the antivirus program isn't working.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers