Flickering trees in Far Cry

Feature or what? I don't think that trees were flickering
this bad last time I played this, but now in level "Dam"
the flickering of distant tree branches was quite awful
to watch.

Thought that 4.11's were causing it, but no difference
with "good'ol" 4.4's. So I guess it's feature on ATI-cards
or 1.3-patch has done something not-so improving to
ATI's visuals?

Lou

"Aki Peltola" <aape@POISTAnic.fi> wrote in message
> Feature or what? I don't think that trees were flickering
> this bad last time I played this, but now in level "Dam"
> the flickering of distant tree branches was quite awful
> to watch.
>
> Thought that 4.11's were causing it, but no difference
> with "good'ol" 4.4's. So I guess it's feature on ATI-cards
> or 1.3-patch has done something not-so improving to
> ATI's visuals?

I had problems with a lot of ATI drivers (corrupted textures) and Far Cry
with X800 XT so I tried the Omega drivers and it worked.
http://www.omegadrivers.net/

"Aki Peltola" <aape@POISTAnic.fi> wrote in message
> Feature or what? I don't think that trees were flickering
> this bad last time I played this, but now in level "Dam"
> the flickering of distant tree branches was quite awful
> to watch.
>
> Thought that 4.11's were causing it, but no difference
> with "good'ol" 4.4's. So I guess it's feature on ATI-cards
> or 1.3-patch has done something not-so improving to
> ATI's visuals?

Try disabling Catalyst's AI - might solve your issue
Lucky you, I am having Far Cry Demo and I can't even start it due to an
critical exeption error - a real pity!

"SteveK" <nospam@iPrimus.com.au> wrote in message
> "Aki Peltola" <aape@POISTAnic.fi> wrote in message
>> Feature or what? I don't think that trees were flickering
>> this bad last time I played this, but now in level "Dam"
>> the flickering of distant tree branches was quite awful
>> to watch.
>>
>> Thought that 4.11's were causing it, but no difference
>> with "good'ol" 4.4's. So I guess it's feature on ATI-cards
>> or 1.3-patch has done something not-so improving to
>> ATI's visuals?
>

> Try disabling Catalyst's AI - might solve your issue
> Lucky you, I am having Far Cry Demo and I can't even start it due to an
> critical exeption error - a real pity!

Same thing here, ever since I installed Windows XP Service Pack 2 with my
Radeon X800 Pro.

"SteveK" <nospam@iPrimus.com.au> wrote
> "Aki Peltola" <aape@POISTAnic.fi> wrote
>> Feature or what? I don't think that trees were flickering
>> this bad last time I played this, but now in level "Dam"
>> the flickering of distant tree branches was quite awful
>> to watch.
> Try disabling Catalyst's AI - might solve your issue

Thanks, but isn't Cat4.4 such an old driver set that
it doesn't even have the AI-feature yet?

> "SteveK" <nospam@iPrimus.com.au> wrote
>> "Aki Peltola" <aape@POISTAnic.fi> wrote
>>> Feature or what? I don't think that trees were flickering
>>> this bad last time I played this, but now in level "Dam"
>>> the flickering of distant tree branches was quite awful
>>> to watch.
>> Try disabling Catalyst's AI - might solve your issue
>
> Thanks, but isn't Cat4.4 such an old driver set that
> it doesn't even have the AI-feature yet?

Whoops, I was talking about the 4.1x driver - not sure when AI has been
introduced.
I am fairly new to the Ati scene.

"Glzmo" <glzmoNO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> "SteveK" <nospam@iPrimus.com.au> wrote in message
>> "Aki Peltola" <aape@POISTAnic.fi> wrote in message
>>> Feature or what? I don't think that trees were flickering
>>> this bad last time I played this, but now in level "Dam"
>>> the flickering of distant tree branches was quite awful
>>> to watch.
>>>
>>> Thought that 4.11's were causing it, but no difference
>>> with "good'ol" 4.4's. So I guess it's feature on ATI-cards
>>> or 1.3-patch has done something not-so improving to
>>> ATI's visuals?
>>

>> Try disabling Catalyst's AI - might solve your issue
>> Lucky you, I am having Far Cry Demo and I can't even start it due to an
>> critical exeption error - a real pity!
>
> Same thing here, ever since I installed Windows XP Service Pack 2 with my
> Radeon X800 Pro.

Yep, the FC Demo never has been updated. It is still the very first release.
Not sure what is going on in the heads of the developer. Try Doom3 it works
just fine with my 9600pro 256MB. Most of the scenery is a bit too dark
spoiling the true game fun - otherwise it plays perfectly.