Password reset disk for non floppy machine ??

April 25, 2005 11:59:09 AM

Hi

My machine doesnot come with a floppy drive.. It is configured to boot from
a CD-ROM. Is there anyway I can create a password reset disk on a CD instead
of on a floppy disk ?? My OS is WIN XP SP2. Also, my WIN XP is
pre-installed on the machine and I only have a restore CD from the
manufacturer and not a WIN XP CD.

Thanks
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 7:32:05 PM

Hi.

At this stage we do not support using anything other than a floppy when
creating a password reset disk. We hope to include this functionality in a
later version of the OS.

Thanks, Les

"Allen" <Allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> My machine doesnot come with a floppy drive.. It is configured to boot
> from
> a CD-ROM. Is there anyway I can create a password reset disk on a CD
> instead
> of on a floppy disk ?? My OS is WIN XP SP2. Also, my WIN XP is
> pre-installed on the machine and I only have a restore CD from the
> manufacturer and not a WIN XP CD.
>
> Thanks
April 28, 2005 7:32:06 PM

Thanks.. looking forward to the next version of the OS

!