Password reset disk for non floppy machine ??

Hi

My machine doesnot come with a floppy drive.. It is configured to boot from
a CD-ROM. Is there anyway I can create a password reset disk on a CD instead
of on a floppy disk ?? My OS is WIN XP SP2. Also, my WIN XP is
pre-installed on the machine and I only have a restore CD from the
manufacturer and not a WIN XP CD.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about password reset disk floppy machine

    Hi.

    At this stage we do not support using anything other than a floppy when
    creating a password reset disk. We hope to include this functionality in a
    later version of the OS.

    Thanks, Les

    "Allen" <Allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > My machine doesnot come with a floppy drive.. It is configured to boot
    > from
    > a CD-ROM. Is there anyway I can create a password reset disk on a CD
    > instead
    > of on a floppy disk ?? My OS is WIN XP SP2. Also, my WIN XP is
    > pre-installed on the machine and I only have a restore CD from the
    > manufacturer and not a WIN XP CD.
    >
    > Thanks

    Thanks.. looking forward to the next version of the OS

    "Lesley Kipling [MSFT]" wrote:

    > Hi.
    >

    > At this stage we do not support using anything other than a floppy when
    > creating a password reset disk. We hope to include this functionality in a
    > later version of the OS.
    >

    > Thanks, Les

    > "Allen" <Allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > My machine doesnot come with a floppy drive.. It is configured to boot
    > > from
    > > a CD-ROM. Is there anyway I can create a password reset disk on a CD
    > > instead
    > > of on a floppy disk ?? My OS is WIN XP SP2. Also, my WIN XP is
    > > pre-installed on the machine and I only have a restore CD from the
    > > manufacturer and not a WIN XP CD.
    > >
    > > Thanks

Floppy Disk CD-Rom Windows XP