NB! Minibash in progess

Playtest of dm_gasworks_aghl, server now up:
80.198.168.162:46177
Servername: Peter [AGHL] playground
Mapname: dm_gasworks_aghl_alpha

Get map at http://strider.clansites.com/download.php?view.19'

- Peter

--
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me
spread!

    On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:09:07 +0100, "Peter Lykkegaard"
    <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Get map at http://strider.clansites.com/download.php?view.19'

    Access denied. :(

    -----
    Anders Simonsson
    Website: http://www.anderssimonsson.com/

    "Anders Simonsson" <******.simonsson@bredband.net> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:09:07 +0100, "Peter Lykkegaard"
    > <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Get map at http://strider.clansites.com/download.php?view.19'
    >
    > Access denied. :(

    Usual password

    - Peter

    "Anders Simonsson" wrote

    > Access denied. :(

    Login to #AGHL at gamesurge or contact me on Window Messenger
    polonline at hotmail dot com

    - Peter

    Peter, you did an EXCELLENT job on your gasworks map... It's far
    superior to the original... Sorry I couldn't play longer but enjoyed
    being "Top Dog" for the short time I was there... :) All the weapons
    worked for me this time....

    On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:27:58 +0100, "Peter Lykkegaard"
    <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote:

    Get map at http://strider.clansites.com/download.php?view.19'

    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
    the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
    and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
    sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
    the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
    thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

    I didn't compose this but I love it!!!

    Cannon Fodder proclaimed...

    > Peter, you did an EXCELLENT job on your gasworks map... It's far
    > superior to the original... Sorry I couldn't play longer but enjoyed
    > being "Top Dog" for the short time I was there... :) All the weapons
    > worked for me this time....

    Seconded. A fine job on the map.

    --
    AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
    Homepage: stri.tk

    Cannon Fodder wrote:
    > Peter, you did an EXCELLENT job on your gasworks map... It's far
    > superior to the original... Sorry I couldn't play longer but enjoyed
    > being "Top Dog" for the short time I was there... :) All the weapons
    > worked for me this time....

    Aye - so far so good, can't wait to see the finished product, its still
    living up to it's alpha title at the moment. But it *is* shiny...

    Civilian_Target

    "Civilian_Target" wrote

    > Aye - so far so good, can't wait to see the finished product, its still
    > living up to it's alpha title at the moment. But it *is* shiny...

    Thanks guys
    Yeahh I have a lot to do and a lot to learn
    Some of the parts mssing is because I don't know how to do it yet

    doors, sound, breakable glass, displacement geometry, new models (piping
    systems)
    I will also do a 3d skybox for the outdoors

    The big white box thing you can see from the above is a missing texture in
    the skybox
    And it's no meant to be there as noone will see it

    Looking forward to release my first beta ever :-)

    - Peter

    On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:34:35 +0100, "Peter Lykkegaard"
    <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Looking forward to release my first beta ever :-)

    If you want another mirror for the file, then let me know, Peter.

    -----

    Peter Lykkegaard wrote:
    > Playtest of dm_gasworks_aghl, server now up:
    > 80.198.168.162:46177
    > Servername: Peter [AGHL] playground
    > Mapname: dm_gasworks_aghl_alpha
    >
    > Get map at http://strider.clansites.com/download.php?view.19'
    >
    > - Peter

    Hey Peter, well done with the map mate..!! Very impressed I was. Much
    better than the original. The only problems I encountered was in ladder
    travellling.. I seemed to get stuck a lot.. but I think you have
    mentioned you know there's a problem with the ladders anyway.. oh yeah,
    and the footstep sound stayed the same when on ladders too.
    I had forgotten just how big the gasworks map was so much kudos goes
    just for picking that one to convert.. it'll be great if you get the
    teleports worked out too... oh, and get more exploding barrels in there too.
    But great fun.. sorry I kept shooting ya ;-)) but I will come again!

    Nice to see Civ there, albeit for a short time and really great to see
    CF there too still up to his old tricks as well!

    See ya next time
    rat
    or rat10 according to steam
    ;-)

    "rat" wrote

    > Hey Peter, well done with the map mate..!! Very impressed I was. Much
    > better than the original. The only problems I encountered was in ladder
    > travellling.. I seemed to get stuck a lot.. but I think you have mentioned
    > you know there's a problem with the ladders anyway.. oh yeah,

    Talk with Valve about the ladders :-)
    Hopefully they'll get the new laddder system sorted out

    If you remember any specific place I'll be glad to hear about it
    Upper/-lowerpart etc
    I have been around to most of them a couple of times seems to be reasonable

    I have the old presteam HL1 running on another PC for comparing etc
    Ladders in (and footsteps) in HL1 is a blast compared to HL2

    > and the footstep sound stayed the same when on ladders too.

    Again a feature missing from HL1
    I'll try asking around if the footsteps can be sorted out

    I am also missing sound effects they'll be added, when I have sorted out how

    > I had forgotten just how big the gasworks map was so much kudos goes just
    > for picking that one to convert.. it'll be great if you get the teleports
    > worked out too... oh, and get more exploding barrels in there too.

    I was a little twisted about the teleporters as some have mentioned in the
    past that the teleporters was annoying
    If you want teleporters you got teleporters
    Valve has released the source for some of the SP maps (remember the first
    teleporter before you have the crowbar) - I'll have a look on that baby

    > But great fun.. sorry I kept shooting ya ;-)) but I will come again!

    DM etc ain't my No1 - I like eg SvenCoop better

    > Nice to see Civ there, albeit for a short time and really great to see CF
    > there too still up to his old tricks as well!

    I was hoping for a bunch, but well nothing interesting about an alpha
    release until you're in it I guess :-)
    I'll do a beta release later, not sure when though
    Work, kids wife, dog, house that sort of things which needs occasionally
    attention ...

    > See ya next time

    :-)

    - Peter

    In article <35i6oeF4mk1hhU1@individual.net>, Peter Lykkegaard
    <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > I was hoping for a bunch, but well nothing interesting about an alpha
    > release until you're in it I guess :-)

    On the contrary, I'd have loved to see it, but we were away in sunny
    Wales all weekend... didn't get back until about 10 mins before the
    aghl-nwn bash on Sunday night.

    Sounds good, though, Peter - well done, and I hope to see it soon.

    ___
    Neil
    AKA HighVis

    "Neil Jones" wrote

    > On the contrary, I'd have loved to see it, but we were away in sunny
    > Wales all weekend... didn't get back until about 10 mins before the
    > aghl-nwn bash on Sunday night.

    You can always grab it from here
    http://strider.clansites.com/download.php?view.19
    And take a look around

    Comments are more than welcome

    > Sounds good, though, Peter - well done, and I hope to see it soon.

    There will be a beta release later
    Can't say exactly when though :-)

    thnks/Peter

Virus Games Servers Video Games