XP Home and PEAP or LEAP

Robert

Hi!
I use Toshiba Satelite 5105-S701 and Windows XP Home Edition with all upgrades. My university established WiFi so I bought D-Link AirPlus XtremeG+. Due to security reasons University rquires PEAP and then EAP-MSCHAP v2. I can coose only MD-5 or Smart Card cerificate. Is this the problem of Home Edition? Should I uprade to Pro version ore there is easier solution?
Thanks in advance for any hints!
Robert

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

peap and eap-mschap v2 are available on my xp pro system. what does the
university IT group say, do they support xp home??

"Robert" <R.Gajewski@il.pw.edu.pl> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I use Toshiba Satelite 5105-S701 and Windows XP Home Edition with all
upgrades. My university established WiFi so I bought D-Link AirPlus
XtremeG+. Due to security reasons University rquires PEAP and then
EAP-MSCHAP v2. I can coose only MD-5 or Smart Card cerificate. Is this the
problem of Home Edition? Should I uprade to Pro version ore there is easier
solution?
> Thanks in advance for any hints!
> Robert

Robert

Hi Dave,
Better not ask me what country I'm from! My University IT group members are mainly... students using trial and error method! The only thing they know for sure is there were no problems with XP Pro. I found nothing about PEAP in my Widnows Help so I guess this is rather problem with Home Edition than with my laptop. I learned from many people and from this newsgroup there coud be problems with and after upgrading and I dislike troubles!
Robert

I have PEAP | EAP-MSCHAP v2 options on my two Home Edition SP1 using
XP's Wireless Zero Configuration.