can't get back to Administrator account...please help

April 26, 2005 6:42:02 AM

I've had my notebook pc--which runs Windows XP Professional--for half a year
and always just had the one "Administrator" account since I'm the only user.
Recently, I learned about multiple accounts and yesterday set up a second,
"limited" account under my name, Bill. This morning I turned on my pc and
there is no user "Administrator" listed at the log on screen, just my limited
Bill user account. Thus, I CAN NOT GET TO ANY OF MY WORK FILES FOR THE PAST
SIX MONTHS. How can I log on as the "Administrator" again?
April 26, 2005 1:12:53 PM

Bill_S wrote:
> I've had my notebook pc--which runs Windows XP Professional--for half a year
> and always just had the one "Administrator" account since I'm the only user.
> Recently, I learned about multiple accounts and yesterday set up a second,
> "limited" account under my name, Bill. This morning I turned on my pc and
> there is no user "Administrator" listed at the log on screen, just my limited
> Bill user account. Thus, I CAN NOT GET TO ANY OF MY WORK FILES FOR THE PAST
> SIX MONTHS. How can I log on as the "Administrator" again?

At the Welcome screen, hit Ctrl-Alt-Del twice and login manually as
administrator.