Administrator Login Password Unknown

Running on Windows XP Pro. Recently let go the IT person who set up network
and policy rights and admin functions. I can't get a hold of her. Both
computers hers and mine are locked at start up due to possible maximum
password age expiration. The password she created for the administrator is
unknown. Is there any way to override and re-establish a new password
without the old one. And is there a way to access the computer at this
juncture without the administrator password.
Help, can't conduct business without my computer. Not to knowledgeable on
network setups and administrative controls but quick learner.
Thanks. Pepper
2 answers Last reply
More about administrator login password unknown

    Pepper wrote:

    > Running on Windows XP Pro. Recently let go the IT person who set up network
    > and policy rights and admin functions. I can't get a hold of her. Both
    > computers hers and mine are locked at start up due to possible maximum
    > password age expiration. The password she created for the administrator is
    > unknown. Is there any way to override and re-establish a new password
    > without the old one. And is there a way to access the computer at this
    > juncture without the administrator password.
    > Help, can't conduct business without my computer. Not to knowledgeable on
    > network setups and administrative controls but quick learner.
    > Thanks. Pepper
    Hi

    You might try to reset the local Administrator password with one of
    the methods mentioned here (creating the boot cd/floppy on another
    computer):

    http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password

    http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    Thank you very much Torgeir. I will check out those recommendations shortly.
    Pepper

    "Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" wrote:

    > Pepper wrote:
    >
    > > Running on Windows XP Pro. Recently let go the IT person who set up network
    > > and policy rights and admin functions. I can't get a hold of her. Both
    > > computers hers and mine are locked at start up due to possible maximum
    > > password age expiration. The password she created for the administrator is
    > > unknown. Is there any way to override and re-establish a new password
    > > without the old one. And is there a way to access the computer at this
    > > juncture without the administrator password.
    > > Help, can't conduct business without my computer. Not to knowledgeable on
    > > network setups and administrative controls but quick learner.
    > > Thanks. Pepper
    > Hi
    >
    > You might try to reset the local Administrator password with one of
    > the methods mentioned here (creating the boot cd/floppy on another
    > computer):
    >
    > http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password
    >
    > http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

    > the 1328 page Scripting Guide: