XP Pro--Admin Account Lost Security Privileges

Hi. I'm running XP Pro with SP2--all up to date. No recent changes (no new
software or hardware). I recently lost the ability to do simple things like
change the time on the clock or download new patches or software. The
system says I do not have permission, even though I log on as an
Administrator. I can even add a new Admin account, but do not have
privileges to make any changes.
Ideas?

TIA

John

Seems like you and I have the same problem.
I have a request posted on here too.
Same thing - out of the blue.
?????

"News Groups" wrote:

> Hi. I'm running XP Pro with SP2--all up to date. No recent changes (no new
> software or hardware). I recently lost the ability to do simple things like
> change the time on the clock or download new patches or software. The
> system says I do not have permission, even though I log on as an
> Administrator. I can even add a new Admin account, but do not have
> privileges to make any changes.
> Ideas?
>
> TIA
>
> John

If your running XP Pro make sure that you dont have those settings disable
in group policy. GP applies to all accounts for that local pc.