XP Pro--Admin Account Lost Security Privileges

Hi. I'm running XP Pro with SP2--all up to date. No recent changes (no new
software or hardware). I recently lost the ability to do simple things like
change the time on the clock or download new patches or software. The
system says I do not have permission, even though I log on as an
Administrator. I can even add a new Admin account, but do not have
privileges to make any changes.
Ideas?

TIA

John
2 answers Last reply
More about admin account lost security privileges

    Seems like you and I have the same problem.
    I have a request posted on here too.
    Same thing - out of the blue.
    ?????

    "News Groups" wrote:

    > Hi. I'm running XP Pro with SP2--all up to date. No recent changes (no new
    > software or hardware). I recently lost the ability to do simple things like
    > change the time on the clock or download new patches or software. The
    > system says I do not have permission, even though I log on as an
    > Administrator. I can even add a new Admin account, but do not have
    > privileges to make any changes.
    > Ideas?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > John

    If your running XP Pro make sure that you dont have those settings disable
    in group policy. GP applies to all accounts for that local pc.

    "Icubud" <Icubud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Seems like you and I have the same problem.
    > I have a request posted on here too.
    > Same thing - out of the blue.
    > ?????
    >
    > "News Groups" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi. I'm running XP Pro with SP2--all up to date. No recent changes (no
    >> new
    >> software or hardware). I recently lost the ability to do simple things
    >> like
    >> change the time on the clock or download new patches or software. The
    >> system says I do not have permission, even though I log on as an
    >> Administrator. I can even add a new Admin account, but do not have
    >> privileges to make any changes.
    >> Ideas?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> John