Stoopid Question about rotation....

Guys,,

Just got a Dell FP2001.

Can rotate the monitor to portrait mode, but....

Looked on the web at ATI and Dell, searched the desktop-properties-
advanced tabs, can't figure how to rotate the desktop to portrait
mode.

What'd I miss, or do I need 3rd party software.

Help appreciated.

Villain
6 answers Last reply
More about stoopid question rotation

    It's "stupid", stupid.

    "Villain" <villain@weasle.net> wrote in message
    > Guys,,
    >

    > Just got a Dell FP2001.
    >
    > Can rotate the monitor to portrait mode, but....
    >
    > Looked on the web at ATI and Dell, searched the desktop-properties-
    > advanced tabs, can't figure how to rotate the desktop to portrait
    > mode.
    >
    > What'd I miss, or do I need 3rd party software.
    >
    > Help appreciated.
    >
    > Villain

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:30:49 -0600, Villain <villain@weasle.net>
    wrote:

    I'm using a 9800pro and the latest drivers, and if I got to display
    propeties --> settings --> advanced I have a "Rotation" tab. That is
    what you need, although you did not mention what video card your
    system has. Providing you DO have an ATI video card, if that tab is
    not there, then I believe you need to install the ATI control panel
    (Packaged with the drivers). Hope this helps

    >Guys,,
    >

    >Just got a Dell FP2001.
    >
    >Can rotate the monitor to portrait mode, but....
    >
    >Looked on the web at ATI and Dell, searched the desktop-properties-
    >advanced tabs, can't figure how to rotate the desktop to portrait
    >mode.
    >
    >What'd I miss, or do I need 3rd party software.
    >
    >Help appreciated.
    >
    >Villain

    You should start drinking prune juice and KY jelly cocktails right now,
    that will make things a lot smoother.
    -Felatio Love

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 12:46:14 -0900, "StinkFinger" <stinky@pinky.com>
    wrote:

    >It's "stupid", stupid.

    Gee, real helpful there.

    I guess you're an expert on the subject of stupidity. plonk

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:05:55 -0900, GTD <duh@stoopid.net> wrote:

    >On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:30:49 -0600, Villain <villain@weasle.net>
    >wrote:
    >
    >I'm using a 9800pro and the latest drivers, and if I got to display
    >propeties --> settings --> advanced I have a "Rotation" tab. That is
    >what you need, although you did not mention what video card your
    >system has. Providing you DO have an ATI video card, if that tab is
    >not there, then I believe you need to install the ATI control panel
    >(Packaged with the drivers). Hope this helps

    yes, it does, thank you, and that is the problem.

    Thanks again,

    Villain

    and you jackass, learn to spell

    > On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:05:55 -0900, GTD <duh@stoopid.net> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:30:49 -0600, Villain <villain@weasle.net>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>I'm using a 9800pro and the latest drivers, and if I got to display
    >>propeties --> settings --> advanced I have a "Rotation" tab. That is
    >>what you need, although you did not mention what video card your
    >>system has. Providing you DO have an ATI video card, if that tab is
    >>not there, then I believe you need to install the ATI control panel
    >>(Packaged with the drivers). Hope this helps
    >>

    > yes, it does, thank you, and that is the problem.
    >

    > Thanks again,
    >
    > Villain

    stinky had it right - dumbass americans

    "GTD" <duh@stoopid.net> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 12:46:14 -0900, "StinkFinger" <stinky@pinky.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>It's "stupid", stupid.
    >
    > Gee, real helpful there.
    >
    > I guess you're an expert on the subject of stupidity. plonk

    > You should start drinking prune juice and KY jelly cocktails right now,
    > that will make things a lot smoother.
    > -Felatio Love

Radeon Desktops Dell ATI Graphics