Stoopid Question about rotation....

Guys,,

Just got a Dell FP2001.

Can rotate the monitor to portrait mode, but....

Looked on the web at ATI and Dell, searched the desktop-properties-
advanced tabs, can't figure how to rotate the desktop to portrait
mode.

What'd I miss, or do I need 3rd party software.

Help appreciated.

Villain

Stinkfinger

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2004

It's "stupid", stupid.

"Villain" <villain@weasle.net> wrote in message
> Guys,,
>

> Just got a Dell FP2001.
>
> Can rotate the monitor to portrait mode, but....
>
> Looked on the web at ATI and Dell, searched the desktop-properties-
> advanced tabs, can't figure how to rotate the desktop to portrait
> mode.
>
> What'd I miss, or do I need 3rd party software.
>
> Help appreciated.
>
> Villain

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:30:49 -0600, Villain <villain@weasle.net>
wrote:

I'm using a 9800pro and the latest drivers, and if I got to display
propeties --> settings --> advanced I have a "Rotation" tab. That is
what you need, although you did not mention what video card your
system has. Providing you DO have an ATI video card, if that tab is
not there, then I believe you need to install the ATI control panel
(Packaged with the drivers). Hope this helps

>Guys,,
>

>Just got a Dell FP2001.
>
>Can rotate the monitor to portrait mode, but....
>
>Looked on the web at ATI and Dell, searched the desktop-properties-
>advanced tabs, can't figure how to rotate the desktop to portrait
>mode.
>
>What'd I miss, or do I need 3rd party software.
>
>Help appreciated.
>
>Villain

You should start drinking prune juice and KY jelly cocktails right now,
that will make things a lot smoother.
-Felatio Love

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 12:46:14 -0900, "StinkFinger" <stinky@pinky.com>
wrote:

>It's "stupid", stupid.

Gee, real helpful there.

I guess you're an expert on the subject of stupidity. plonk

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:05:55 -0900, GTD <duh@stoopid.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:30:49 -0600, Villain <villain@weasle.net>
>wrote:
>
>I'm using a 9800pro and the latest drivers, and if I got to display
>propeties --> settings --> advanced I have a "Rotation" tab. That is
>what you need, although you did not mention what video card your
>system has. Providing you DO have an ATI video card, if that tab is
>not there, then I believe you need to install the ATI control panel
>(Packaged with the drivers). Hope this helps

yes, it does, thank you, and that is the problem.

Thanks again,

Villain

and you jackass, learn to spell

> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:05:55 -0900, GTD <duh@stoopid.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:30:49 -0600, Villain <villain@weasle.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>I'm using a 9800pro and the latest drivers, and if I got to display
>>propeties --> settings --> advanced I have a "Rotation" tab. That is
>>what you need, although you did not mention what video card your
>>system has. Providing you DO have an ATI video card, if that tab is
>>not there, then I believe you need to install the ATI control panel
>>(Packaged with the drivers). Hope this helps
>>

> yes, it does, thank you, and that is the problem.
>

> Thanks again,
>
> Villain

stinky had it right - dumbass americans