  • Canon
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 9, 2004 12:16:53 AM

I would like to purchase a relatively inexpensive tripod for use with my
Canon dRebel. I notice that the dRebel does NOT have an alignment/indexing
hole in front of the screw hole like some other cameras I've seen.

I know next to nothing about tripods but have found times when I would like
to have had one. I don't need a "top of the line" unit, but I would like
something that will hold the camera securely without having to worry about
the camera shifting/turning in the mount.

Thanks for any advice.

More about : tripod digital rebel

April 9, 2004 10:05:10 AM

"Nivek" <REMOVE_wwwebmail_REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I would like to purchase a relatively inexpensive tripod for use with my
> Canon dRebel. I notice that the dRebel does NOT have an
alignment/indexing
> hole in front of the screw hole like some other cameras I've seen.
>
> I know next to nothing about tripods but have found times when I would
like
> to have had one. I don't need a "top of the line" unit, but I would like
> something that will hold the camera securely without having to worry about
> the camera shifting/turning in the mount.
>
> Thanks for any advice.

You don't need that indexing, stablizing hole. My G5 doesn't have it but
works well with this type of tripod. Our video camara does, and it helps to
align it, that's all. The little thingy next to the screw mount on the
tripod should retract if there is no hole.

Eddie