Windows 7: How can I clear all pending updates and the delete the files where ar

Status
Not open for further replies.

YankeeImperialistDog

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
Windows 7: How can I clear all pending updates and the delete the files where are they held.

I get the feeling I’m about to get answers like the following:

"Doesn't matter if you delete it or not... since it's a recommended update, Windows will prompt you about it unless you turn off Automatic Updates. So far, no updates have given me any issues whatsoever... so why not install the recommended update?"
(this was a real answer to a similar question posted by another quester.
That nice for this person, but he/she is basically saying my toy wheels are working great and “I” don’t see a need to spin them the other way like you want, but can’t do., Therefore, the problem is YOU. It's GOT TO BE YOU for two reasons: 1. the wheels are meant to spin in one direction. 2. Only a total jerk would find a reason to get the wheels to spin the other way. Ergo, you DESERVE a smart ass demeaning answer and deserve the ridicule of all of us who are better than you!
OK My “REASON”
A. i want something specific, see the title.
B. do you know the answer but refuse to give it because i didn't JUSTIFY MY NEED to YOU?
C. If B is true ask for clarification, ask why because you may want more information. DO NOT call the quester stupid by saying, "I NEVER had a problem with auto updates so obviously it is your "PROBLEM" furthermore you are unworthy of a direct answer, or any answer, because you are asking to do something I don't believe as necessary. So, as compared to ME, YOU are stupid! I suggest you end your life now because your stupid questions will not stop and they are a burden on “The Worthy”, the others like me. People like me are better off without people like YOU, because we’ll be freer to improve society unimpeded by you and your worthless extra baggage.
Look, I do not feel a need to justify myself to you by giving a reason. My question is simple and straight to the point. “How can I clear all pending updates and the delete the files where are they held.” In analogous terms: I want 'A' and for my own reasons. Do you know how i can get 'A'? If the Enlightened find this question embarrassing then they should ignore it. The Enlightened have no need to give a condescending non-answer and there by prove their ignorance. We, the unenlightened, do not want to see our betters become self-focused iconoclasts. We entreat you to not taint your perfection for our sake. These are troubled times our hope in the future is precarious at best. At this point in time we will be harmed by see our gods can bleed. Think of us!

OK. Now, anyone got a real friggin 1,2,3 step answer for this?
Windows 7: How can I clear all pending updates and the delete the files where are they held.

Solution
Through Windows Update

1. View the Windows Update History.

2. Click on the Installed Updates link at the top of the View update history window.
3. Select a listed Windows Update that you want to uninstall, and click on the Uninstall toolbar button.
4. If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes or enter the administrator's password.

5. When done, close the Installed Updates window.
NOTE: Uninstalling some updates may require to restart the computer to finish uninstalling the update. You will be notified to restart if the update does.

OPTION TWO
Through Programs and Features

1. Open the Control Panel (All items view), and click on the Programs and Features icon.
2. In the left pane, click on the View installed...

verbalizer

Distinguished
Through Windows Update

1. View the Windows Update History.

2. Click on the Installed Updates link at the top of the View update history window.
3. Select a listed Windows Update that you want to uninstall, and click on the Uninstall toolbar button.

NOTE: Uninstalling some updates may require to restart the computer to finish uninstalling the update. You will be notified to restart if the update does.

OPTION TWO
Through Programs and Features

1. Open the Control Panel (All items view), and click on the Programs and Features icon.
2. In the left pane, click on the View installed updates link.
3. Select a listed Windows Update that you want to uninstall, and click on the Uninstall toolbar button

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.