9800SE - TV tuner died??

My TV tuner seems to have died.
I have updated to the latest MMC and Video drivers.
The AIW ATI rage theater video capture option is available, but only
Video in is available and if I try setup/video source, TV is not
available. Setup/display/renit just goes through the audio + mpeg
options without retuning. Also the tuner on the board itself doesn't
seem to be getting hot like it used to.

Any help with this one would be most apprec.

Ralph.

In article <qth3q0ddj14a6cbs114m5aj2havni1417k@4ax.com>, Ralph Hampton
says...
> My TV tuner seems to have died.
> I have updated to the latest MMC and Video drivers.
> The AIW ATI rage theater video capture option is available, but only
> Video in is available and if I try setup/video source, TV is not
> available. Setup/display/renit just goes through the audio + mpeg
> options without retuning. Also the tuner on the board itself doesn't
> seem to be getting hot like it used to.
>
> Any help with this one would be most apprec.

I assume you're using Windows XP with DirectX9.0b?

Upgrade to WinXP SP2 or update DirectX to version 9.0c

--
Conor

Normality will be restored once we work out what normality actually is.

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:36:04 -0000, Conor <conor.turton@gmail.com>
wrote:

>In article <qth3q0ddj14a6cbs114m5aj2havni1417k@4ax.com>, Ralph Hampton
>says...
>> My TV tuner seems to have died.
>> I have updated to the latest MMC and Video drivers.
>> The AIW ATI rage theater video capture option is available, but only
>> Video in is available and if I try setup/video source, TV is not
>> available. Setup/display/renit just goes through the audio + mpeg
>> options without retuning. Also the tuner on the board itself doesn't
>> seem to be getting hot like it used to.
>>
>> Any help with this one would be most apprec.
>>
>I assume you're using Windows XP with DirectX9.0b?
>
>Upgrade to WinXP SP2 or update DirectX to version 9.0c

DX 9.0c has sorted it out. Thank you.
It should be illegal for Microsoft to issue software that doesn't work
rant rant rant (my wifes new computer nearly ended up in the street
below...)

Thanks again,

Ralph.

In article <tcf4q0hqejb6adk3i6ioa0qvlfuvfp0f3e@4ax.com>, Ralph Hampton
says...

> >I assume you're using Windows XP with DirectX9.0b?
> >
> >Upgrade to WinXP SP2 or update DirectX to version 9.0c
>
> DX 9.0c has sorted it out. Thank you.

No problem. THere's a bug with Dx9.0b and non NTSC tuners.