9550 256mb Any Good?

Any info on this card would be be nice. thx
5 answers Last reply
More about 9550 256mb good

    crystalskull wrote:
    > Any info on this card would be be nice. thx

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=9550+256MB&meta=
    Google is your friend.

    --
    Can't beat a bit of Bully

    i tried that already and there was nothng of any real help. i was hoping for
    first hand info from some real person that had one.

    "JimBob" <meandyou@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > crystalskull wrote:
    >> Any info on this card would be be nice. thx
    >
    > http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=9550+256MB&meta=
    > Google is your friend.
    >
    > --
    > Can't beat a bit of Bully

    Posted by me a while ago, but still valid...

    Disappointing. This card gives a standard 3Dmark2001SE score of only 6215
    compared to the Radeon 9200 (a repackaged Radeon 8500) score of 5789. So
    for the £20 extra you get a slightly higher performance, double the amount
    of memory, DirectX 9 support, and a small fan with a blue LED light.

    Even when overclocked to the Radeon 9600 stock speed of 325MHz core and
    400MHz memory and a 10% increased FSB you only get a 3Dmark2001SE score of
    7563 with this card. The board does remain stable (at least for one day) at
    this speed however.

    You do not get a manual with this package and there is no 9550 manual on the
    enclosed CD-ROM.

    I continue on my quest to find a good quality, higher performance, mid-range
    3D graphics card. Neither nVidia nor ATI offer a card at the £50-£60 price
    point that improves dramatically on my present choice of Sapphire Radeon
    9200 with 64Mb DDR for only £36 inc VAT.

    This card/chip has been created by marketing not by design. Avoid.

    Jonathan

    "crystalskull" <radgamer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >i tried that already and there was nothng of any real help. i was hoping
    >for first hand info from some real person that had one.
    >

    > "JimBob" <meandyou@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> crystalskull wrote:
    >>> Any info on this card would be be nice. thx
    >>
    >> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=9550+256MB&meta=
    >> Google is your friend.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Can't beat a bit of Bully

    thx

    Jonathan Eales wrote:
    > Posted by me a while ago, but still valid...
    >
    > Disappointing. This card gives a standard 3Dmark2001SE score of only
    > 6215 compared to the Radeon 9200 (a repackaged Radeon 8500) score of
    > 5789. So for the £20 extra you get a slightly higher performance,
    > double the amount of memory, DirectX 9 support, and a small fan with
    > a blue LED light.

    Small remark: the 9200 isn't a repackaged 8500, it's a repackaged 9000. The
    9100 was a repackaged 8500.

    Thomas.

Radeon ATI Graphics Product