Error 10047

Air

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

I have a user who can't launch MS Firewall service. He gets the follow error:
Error 10047: Can't start firewall service an address is incompatible with
requested protocol....

I verified that no other app. is running it's own firewall, I scanned for
Spyware and such and when I looked up this error is says that the protocol
used is missing or corrupt.
Where should I look to fix this service issue? Is it a registry key
reset/fix or and script that should be fixed within the firewall service's
properties? Is it a known issue?

Thanks :)

After you run Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta), you may receive one or
more of the following interactive error messages: • Error message 1
Could not start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
service on Local Computer. Error 10047: An address incompatible with the
requested protocol was used.

Error message 2
Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated
service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall/Internet
Connection Sharing (ICS) service?
• Error message 3
This application has failed to start because SPORDER.dll was not
found.

After you run Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta), you have network-related
problems, or you receive an error message:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Air" <cotati@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a user who can't launch MS Firewall service. He gets the follow
>error:
> Error 10047: Can't start firewall service an address is incompatible with
> requested protocol....
>
> I verified that no other app. is running it's own firewall, I scanned for
> Spyware and such and when I looked up this error is says that the protocol
> used is missing or corrupt.
> Where should I look to fix this service issue? Is it a registry key
> reset/fix or and script that should be fixed within the firewall service's
> properties? Is it a known issue?
>
> Thanks :)

Start>Run> cmd [enter] and type

netsh winsock reset [enter]