Which card for Athlon 64 3200?

I've been waiting for almost 3 months now for a X800 XT PE from
Komplett and am getting a bit sick. I'm now tempted to go for
something else as I have Half-Life 2 arriving tomorrow and 2 weeks off
work ;o). I have an Athlon 64 3200 with 1GB RAM and have no idea what
would suit my set-up best. Does anyone have any recommendations, or
am I best off waiting for the X800 XT PE if the hope that it'll
eventually turn up?

TIA

Sanddancer
15 answers Last reply
More about which card athlon 3200

    Potential newsgroup troll known as Sanddancer
    <Sanddancer2002@spam-me-if-you-can.hotmail.com> typed:

    > Does anyone have any recommendations, or
    > am I best off waiting for the X800 XT PE if the hope that it'll
    > eventually turn up?

    Ask your dad.

    --
    maniac/at/tweak.pl

    "Sanddancer" <Sanddancer2002@spam-me-if-you-can.hotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:8t46q05qpahqmq4fhtpk5oi1ngvge2j1gq@4ax.com...

    " I've been waiting for almost 3 months now for a X800 XT PE from Komplett
    and am getting a bit sick. I'm now tempted to go for something else as I
    have Half-Life 2 arriving tomorrow and 2 weeks off work ;o). "

    Komplett UK? They aren't expecting delivery of the XT PE until 3rd January,
    so why not cancel the order and get an X800 Pro?

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:09:06 GMT, "maniac" <maniac@USUNTOtweak.pl>
    wrote:

    >Potential newsgroup troll known as Sanddancer
    ><Sanddancer2002@spam-me-if-you-can.hotmail.com> typed:
    >
    >> Does anyone have any recommendations, or
    >> am I best off waiting for the X800 XT PE if the hope that it'll
    >> eventually turn up?
    >
    >Ask your dad.

    I'd have a hard job, he died 26 yeas ago. What are you expecting him
    to say?

    Sanddancer

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:16:01 -0000, "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com>
    wrote:

    >"Sanddancer" <Sanddancer2002@spam-me-if-you-can.hotmail.com> wrote in
    >message news:8t46q05qpahqmq4fhtpk5oi1ngvge2j1gq@4ax.com...
    >
    >" I've been waiting for almost 3 months now for a X800 XT PE from Komplett
    >and am getting a bit sick. I'm now tempted to go for something else as I
    >have Half-Life 2 arriving tomorrow and 2 weeks off work ;o). "
    >

    >Komplett UK? They aren't expecting delivery of the XT PE until 3rd January,
    >so why not cancel the order and get an X800 Pro?

    Everywhere has been saying that they're expecting stock coming in.
    They've all been saying it for months now. The price Komplett is
    asking for the Saphire X800 XT PE isn't that much more than the X800
    Pros so I'm reluctant to cancel my order. I've not been able to find
    anywhere that compares the 2 cards with my CPU to see if it's worth
    getting the XT over the Pro, that's why I'm asking here.

    Thanks.

    Sanddancer.

    Cuzman wrote:
    > "Sanddancer" <Sanddancer2002@spam-me-if-you-can.hotmail.com> wrote in
    > message news:8t46q05qpahqmq4fhtpk5oi1ngvge2j1gq@4ax.com...
    >
    > " I've been waiting for almost 3 months now for a X800 XT PE from Komplett
    > and am getting a bit sick. I'm now tempted to go for something else as I
    > have Half-Life 2 arriving tomorrow and 2 weeks off work ;o). "
    >

    > Komplett UK? They aren't expecting delivery of the XT PE until 3rd January,
    > so why not cancel the order and get an X800 Pro?

    Seems to apply to all Komplett's... The ETA for my X800XT-PE at
    Komplett.no is january 1st... :-/

    Regards,
    Evert

    Sanddancer:

    > I have Half-Life 2 arriving tomorrow and 2 weeks off
    > work ;o). ... Does anyone have any recommendations, or
    > am I best off waiting for the X800 XT PE if the hope that it'll
    > eventually turn up?

    Which is more important, the card or the game?
    --
    Mac Cool

    Potential newsgroup troll known as Sanddancer
    <Sanddancer2002@spam-me-if-you-can.hotmail.com> typed:

    > What are you expecting him to say?

    "I lived long and prosper".

    --
    maniac/at/tweak.pl

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:56:57 GMT, "maniac" <maniac@USUNTOtweak.pl>
    wrote:

    >Potential newsgroup troll known as Sanddancer
    ><Sanddancer2002@spam-me-if-you-can.hotmail.com> typed:
    >
    >> What are you expecting him to say?
    >
    >"I lived long and prosper".

    You're a bit of a prick aren't you? If you've got nothing worth
    saying then maybe it's best that you say nothing at all.

    Sanddancer

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:45:50 GMT, Mac Cool <Mac@2cool.com> wrote:

    >Sanddancer:
    >
    >> I have Half-Life 2 arriving tomorrow and 2 weeks off
    >> work ;o). ... Does anyone have any recommendations, or
    >> am I best off waiting for the X800 XT PE if the hope that it'll
    >> eventually turn up?
    >
    >Which is more important, the card or the game?

    The card, but I want something that'll last a while. I've looked
    forward to Half-Life 2 coming out since it was announced though. I've
    cancelled my order from Komplett and I'll see what I can find locally
    tomorrow.

    Sanddancer

    dude, you can always save some cash and get a 9800pro. Ive got one on my
    modest 2.2ghz 512ddr system and Halflife runs excellent with everything on
    full with 6xAA and 16xAF - absolutely no slowdowns or stuttering as Ive been
    hearing some people are having. But since youve got a nice amd-64 3200 - Id
    suggest scrapping the PE and grabbing a stock X800 - great performance for
    price. Dig it: cancel your order and get your card elsewhere, 3 months!?? no
    chance.

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:52:26 +1100, "Blaedmon" <ass@beamer.com> wrote:

    >dude, you can always save some cash and get a 9800pro. Ive got one on my
    >modest 2.2ghz 512ddr system and Halflife runs excellent with everything on
    >full with 6xAA and 16xAF - absolutely no slowdowns or stuttering as Ive been
    >hearing some people are having. But since youve got a nice amd-64 3200 - Id
    >suggest scrapping the PE and grabbing a stock X800 - great performance for
    >price. Dig it: cancel your order and get your card elsewhere, 3 months!?? no
    >chance.

    Nowhere has any stock, I check almost every day. I might just go for
    a X800 but knowing my luck the second I order one the X800 XT PEs will
    come back in stock. I've got my fist baby due next year and want to
    sort the PC out now incase I don't get the chance to upgrade for a few
    years.

    Thanks

    Sanddancer

    Blaedmon wrote:

    > dude, you can always save some cash and get a 9800pro. Ive got one on my
    > modest 2.2ghz 512ddr system and Halflife

    Halflife or Halflife *2*?

    --
    --John
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:41:23 GMT, Sanddancer
    <Sanddancer2002@spam-me-if-you-can.hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I've been waiting for almost 3 months now for a X800 XT PE from
    >Komplett and am getting a bit sick. I'm now tempted to go for
    >something else as I have Half-Life 2 arriving tomorrow and 2 weeks off
    >work ;o). I have an Athlon 64 3200 with 1GB RAM and have no idea what
    >would suit my set-up best. Does anyone have any recommendations, or
    >am I best off waiting for the X800 XT PE if the hope that it'll
    >eventually turn up?
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >Sanddancer

    Well I cancelled my order and I've gone for a Gainward GeForce 6800GT
    Ultra/2400 Golden Sample instead.

    Thanks for all the replies. It looks like I'll be unsubscribing from
    this group now though.

    Sanddancer
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    Evert Meulie wrote:
    > Cuzman wrote:
    >
    >> "Sanddancer" <Sanddancer2002@spam-me-if-you-can.hotmail.com> wrote in
    >> message news:8t46q05qpahqmq4fhtpk5oi1ngvge2j1gq@4ax.com...
    >>
    >> " I've been waiting for almost 3 months now for a X800 XT PE from
    >> Komplett
    >> and am getting a bit sick. I'm now tempted to go for something else as I
    >> have Half-Life 2 arriving tomorrow and 2 weeks off work ;o). "
    >>

    >> Komplett UK? They aren't expecting delivery of the XT PE until 3rd
    >> January,
    >> so why not cancel the order and get an X800 Pro?
    >>

    > Seems to apply to all Komplett's... The ETA for my X800XT-PE at
    > Komplett.no is january 1st... :-/

    Hmm, maybe I get lucky... The ETA just got updated to Dec. 4th
    (2004!)... :-)

    Regards,
    Evert
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    "Sanddancer" <Sanddancer2002@spam-me-if-you-can.hotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:8t46q05qpahqmq4fhtpk5oi1ngvge2j1gq@4ax.com...
    > I've been waiting for almost 3 months now for a X800 XT PE from
    > Komplett and am getting a bit sick. I'm now tempted to go for
    > something else as I have Half-Life 2 arriving tomorrow and 2 weeks off
    > work ;o). I have an Athlon 64 3200 with 1GB RAM and have no idea what
    > would suit my set-up best. Does anyone have any recommendations, or
    > am I best off waiting for the X800 XT PE if the hope that it'll
    > eventually turn up?

    I have the same CPU and amount of RAM that you do, and I use a 9800Pro. It
    plays Doom3, HL2 and FarCry just great, as long as you don't want to max out
    all the settings at 1600x1200 or something.

Radeon ATI Graphics