Recording TV direct to DVD RW

Sorry, this is a litle off topic. But there are lots of experts here
so I thought I'd ask...

I've got an AIW 9800, and using either the ATI TV app, or Nero 6, I can
record directly from TV to my hard disk. Cool.

Using Nero 6 I can also record directly from TV to DVD - bypassing the
hard disk altogether. Cool (though it's a bit flaky sometimes).

But is there any way I can record a bunch of TV programs, showing at
separate times, direct to A DVD-RW disk.

For instance, suppose I record Coronation Street. Later on I spot that
'Have I got news for you' is on, so I want to record that too. On the
same disk. I watch Corrie, and want to delete it. Then record
tommorrow corrie, etc. I don't know what the technical term for this
is. Multi-session?

In other words I want it to behave like my standalone, consumer Pioneer
3100 DVR. Presumably I have the technology - a TV capture card and a
DVD RW writer - but not the software. Is anything available?
Something with a menu that shows all the programs I've recorded, and
allows me to delete individual ones, record new programs, etc. And
allows me to finalize a DVD-RW so I can watch it on a domestic DVD
player - then 'unfinalize' it so I can add more programs.

--
Colin

"Colin Wilson" <spam@wilsonc.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> For instance, suppose I record Coronation Street. Later on I spot that
> 'Have I got news for you' is on, so I want to record that too. On the
> same disk. I watch Corrie, and want to delete it.

I am pretty sure you can not delete single items on the DVD-RW. You have to
format the entire disk so it appears blank.

Brad Houser