Palm Tungsten E

April 27, 2004 11:38:24 AM

I need help. I keep getting a message that this installer
is not compatible with my device. I contacted Palm they
told me to contact microsoft technical support because
they think it is a faulty installer application in the
Windows Operating System.

More about : palm tungsten

Anonymous
April 27, 2004 3:15:14 PM

"Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need help. I keep getting a message that this installer
> is not compatible with my device. I contacted Palm they
> told me to contact microsoft technical support because
> they think it is a faulty installer application in the
> Windows Operating System.

To install new software on a Tungsten, you need to be using the Hotsync
software that came with the handheld. If you're using Microsoft's
ActiveSync, it's not going to work.

Try these two newsgroups for help:

alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
comp.sys.palmtops.pilot

The people there would be able to help you no problem. Plus, you'd have the
added bonus of your post being on topic, which is always a good thing. Hope
you get it sorted out.
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 12:26:50 AM

"Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need help. I keep getting a message that this installer
> is not compatible with my device. I contacted Palm they
> told me to contact microsoft technical support because
> they think it is a faulty installer application in the
> Windows Operating System.

Hi Tim,

Activesync is not compatible with devices based on the Palm operating
system. It is compatible only with Windows Mobile-based Pocket PCs and
Smartphones. For more information, visit the following page ---

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downlo...

--
Regards,
Raj

trying to install anything, just trying to sync all my
data with my desktop and hand held and it comes up with a

!