XP Password Manager

I tried (for the first time) using the XP Password Manager to remember a
website login. Now that I have changed the login info from a different
system, I can no longer access the account from the computer with the
"remembered password".
Is there a user interface to the Password Manager so I can reset it, or is
there a way to "forget" the remembered password within XP?

TIA

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:32CBA003-80A8-4ACB-8BC9-06BD0BF9737B@microsoft.com,
Chuck Gibson <Chuck Gibson@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I tried (for the first time) using the XP Password Manager to
> remember a website login. Now that I have changed the login info
> from a different system, I can no longer access the account from the
> computer with the "remembered password".
> Is there a user interface to the Password Manager so I can reset it,
> or is there a way to "forget" the remembered password within XP?
>
> TIA

NORMALLY (that's all uppercase for a reason) you'd simply type in the new
password and it would say that it didn't match and give you the option to
change it. Open IE, click tools, click on options, click on content, click
on the content button, the rest is self explanatory really. You can delete
it, you can turn it off, you can turn it off close IE and re-open it and
turn it back on (not sure if that's really required) or you can tell it what
to do specifically.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes