XP Password Manager

I tried (for the first time) using the XP Password Manager to remember a
website login. Now that I have changed the login info from a different
system, I can no longer access the account from the computer with the
"remembered password".
Is there a user interface to the Password Manager so I can reset it, or is
there a way to "forget" the remembered password within XP?

TIA
1 answer Last reply
More about password manager

    In news:32CBA003-80A8-4ACB-8BC9-06BD0BF9737B@microsoft.com,
    Chuck Gibson <Chuck Gibson@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > I tried (for the first time) using the XP Password Manager to
    > remember a website login. Now that I have changed the login info
    > from a different system, I can no longer access the account from the
    > computer with the "remembered password".
    > Is there a user interface to the Password Manager so I can reset it,
    > or is there a way to "forget" the remembered password within XP?
    >
    > TIA

    NORMALLY (that's all uppercase for a reason) you'd simply type in the new
    password and it would say that it didn't match and give you the option to
    change it. Open IE, click tools, click on options, click on content, click
    on the content button, the rest is self explanatory really. You can delete
    it, you can turn it off, you can turn it off close IE and re-open it and
    turn it back on (not sure if that's really required) or you can tell it what
    to do specifically.

    Galen

    mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

Security Windows XP Login Microsoft