re-install Windows Xp Home on a another hdd

April 30, 2005 5:42:10 AM

I have had to re-install Windows Xp Home on a another hdd, due to Software
meltdown. My problem is: i cant access my Documents and Settings folder off
my old disk.
when i click on the user name folder it says: Access Denied.

But i know theres 10gig in that folder. how can i get my docs back??
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 2:25:01 PM

You may have to take ownership of the files. Take a look here for
the procedure:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&sd=tech

--
Nepatsfan