re-install Windows Xp Home on a another hdd

I have had to re-install Windows Xp Home on a another hdd, due to Software
meltdown. My problem is: i cant access my Documents and Settings folder off
my old disk.
when i click on the user name folder it says: Access Denied.

But i know theres 10gig in that folder. how can i get my docs back??
1 answer Last reply
More about install windows home

    You may have to take ownership of the files. Take a look here for
    the procedure:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&sd=tech

    --
    Nepatsfan
    "Nathan" <Nathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have had to re-install Windows Xp Home on a another hdd, due
    >to Software
    > meltdown. My problem is: i cant access my Documents and
    > Settings folder off
    > my old disk.
    > when i click on the user name folder it says: Access Denied.
    >
    > But i know theres 10gig in that folder. how can i get my docs
    > back??

Hard Drives Windows XP