ATi - anything like nVidia's Digital Vibrance?

Hi - the fan on my nVidia card needs to be replaced, so I took the ATi card
out of my other computer and put it in this one. One nice thing about the
nVidia software is that there is a setting called Digital Vibrance that
really enriches the colors when playing games.

Is there anything like that in the ATi software?

Thanks

Joe

"Joe727" <nospam.nospam@nospam> wrote in message
> Hi - the fan on my nVidia card needs to be replaced, so I took the ATi
> card out of my other computer and put it in this one. One nice thing
> about the nVidia software is that there is a setting called Digital
> Vibrance that really enriches the colors when playing games.
>
> Is there anything like that in the ATi software?

When I had my Nvidia card the default color setting was clearly a bit pale -
the color vibrance slider is essential to get good colours out of a Nvidia.
However, I never missed something like this with my current ATi card since
colours are vibrant by default - no idea how ATi is doing this. To answer
your question, nope, no such driver option yet.

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:21:04 +1000, "SteveK" <nospam@iPrimus.com.au>
wrote:

>"Joe727" <nospam.nospam@nospam> wrote in message
>> Hi - the fan on my nVidia card needs to be replaced, so I took the ATi
>> card out of my other computer and put it in this one. One nice thing
>> about the nVidia software is that there is a setting called Digital
>> Vibrance that really enriches the colors when playing games.
>>
>> Is there anything like that in the ATi software?
>>

>When I had my Nvidia card the default color setting was clearly a bit pale -
>the color vibrance slider is essential to get good colours out of a Nvidia.
>However, I never missed something like this with my current ATi card since
>colours are vibrant by default - no idea how ATi is doing this. To answer
>your question, nope, no such driver option yet.

YET is the key word there. I heard a rumor that in a few more versions
we should be seeing a simlar feature which is called, Digital
Radiance. I would expect to see it in the newer CCC panel which uses
the .net framework. Keep and eye out when we hit 5.x sets.

Pluvious

Bass

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 19:41:27 GMT, Pluvious <Pluvious@knowhere.com>
wrote:

>YET is the key word there. I heard a rumor that in a few more versions
>we should be seeing a simlar feature which is called, Digital
>Radiance. I would expect to see it in the newer CCC panel which uses
>the .net framework. Keep and eye out when we hit 5.x sets.
>
>Pluvious

I never used the Digital Vibrance on my Nvidia card myself, and I have
another PC with a GF4 in it right now. DV makes colours look false
IMO.

"Bass" <fish@no.email> wrote in message
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 19:41:27 GMT, Pluvious <Pluvious@knowhere.com>
> wrote:
>

> >YET is the key word there. I heard a rumor that in a few more versions
> >we should be seeing a simlar feature which is called, Digital
> >Radiance. I would expect to see it in the newer CCC panel which uses
> >the .net framework. Keep and eye out when we hit 5.x sets.

I want nothing to do with a .NET control panel interface. If it all goes
..NET, I stop there. If ATI stops providing an alternative (original control
panel still works fine...but when it no longer does...), I stop updating
drivers, and start selling and recommending more Nvidia hardware. Microsoft
even knows it's bloated. At first they tried to forbid developers from
publishing comparative benchmarks using .NET as an API. Then I did some
snooping and found that it grants M$ root auditing privileges...I'm for
using the mindshare resources for improving OpenGL and Linux support, which
is nothing compared to Nvidia, regardless of how much I like ATI hardware.
ATI's MMV...

> >Pluvious
> >
> I never used the Digital Vibrance on my Nvidia card myself, and I have
> another PC with a GF4 in it right now. DV makes colours look false
> IMO.

The only thing I've found it to be useful for is improving color saturation
in certain games and DVDs on the fly, other than this, maybe someone could
set up their monitor display with more "warmth"...

"Bass" <fish@no.email> wrote in message
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 19:41:27 GMT, Pluvious <Pluvious@knowhere.com>
> wrote:
>

>>YET is the key word there. I heard a rumor that in a few more versions
>>we should be seeing a simlar feature which is called, Digital
>>Radiance. I would expect to see it in the newer CCC panel which uses
>>the .net framework. Keep and eye out when we hit 5.x sets.
>>
>>Pluvious
>>
> I never used the Digital Vibrance on my Nvidia card myself, and I have
> another PC with a GF4 in it right now. DV makes colours look false
> IMO.

It really makes a difference in Medal of Honor Allied Assault. Just moving
the Digital Vibrance brightness slider a couple of notches to the right
makes MOHAA look much better IMO.

Joe