What Make Of Card Is This?

Andrew

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:07:56 +0000, elziko
<elziko@NOTSPAMMINGyahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me which manufacture makes this 9800 XT?
>
>http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/Full/43524i0.jpg

ATI according to the website.

"elziko" <elziko@NOTSPAMMINGyahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me which manufacture makes this 9800 XT?
>
> http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/Full/43524i0.jpg
>
> TIA

I think I'd stick my neck out and say it's an ATi Radeon 9800 XT : - ))

WaZnOtWoz wrote:
> I think I'd stick my neck out and say it's an ATi Radeon 9800 XT : - ))

Well I assumed all the boxes said ATI on it but in the UK all boxes
should also have the manufacturer on them since AFAIN you can't buy the
ATI ones. Only Sapphire, HIS etc.

So this is what the ATI made ones are boxed in? Maybe they got hold of
some or they are available in the UK after all.

Not a totally ridiculous question was it? ;)

> WaZnOtWoz wrote:
>> I think I'd stick my neck out and say it's an ATi Radeon 9800 XT
>> : - ))
>
> Well I assumed all the boxes said ATI on it but in the UK all boxes should
> also have the manufacturer on them since AFAIN you can't buy the ATI ones.
> Only Sapphire, HIS etc.
>
> So this is what the ATI made ones are boxed in? Maybe they got hold of
> some or they are available in the UK after all.
>
> Not a totally ridiculous question was it? ;)

There is also the possibility that the picture seen is not exactly what they
are selling, but borrowed from ATI for Marketing Purposes.

jlc

"NDF" <none@entered.com> wrote in message

> "elziko" <elziko@NOTSPAMMINGyahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> WaZnOtWoz wrote:
>>> I think I'd stick my neck out and say it's an ATi Radeon 9800 XT : - ))
>>
>> Well I assumed all the boxes said ATI on it but in the UK all boxes
>> should also have the manufacturer on them since AFAIN you can't buy the
>> ATI ones. Only Sapphire, HIS etc.
>>
>> So this is what the ATI made ones are boxed in? Maybe they got hold of
>> some or they are available in the UK after all.
>>
>> Not a totally ridiculous question was it? ;)
>
> There is also the possibility that the picture seen is not exactly what
> they are selling, but borrowed from ATI for Marketing Purposes.

That's a good point! JLC

The box looks like a Connect3d box to me, but they usually have Connect3D on
it.

www.connect3d.com

--
Andi.

Remove only one zero to reply

"elziko" <elziko@NOTSPAMMINGyahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me which manufacture makes this 9800 XT?
>
> http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/Full/43524i0.jpg
>
> TIA

The box says ATI. What is the confusion?

"Andi Cole" <andi@eloc00.co.uk> wrote in message
> The box looks like a Connect3d box to me, but they usually have Connect3D
> on it.
>
> www.connect3d.com

nope, connect3d does not have any 9800XT product on offer.
What me disturbs most is that ATi products seem to dominate the grey market
from China!
Ati can be bought in fairly good looking but very unspecific retail boxes.
U pay a lot of money without an idea who manufactured the card, no contact
information about the manufacturer or support. I dont like this...I dont
prefer this! This is my first ATi card I own and I doubt I'll ever buy a
second one.

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:07:56 +0000, elziko
<elziko@NOTSPAMMINGyahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me which manufacture makes this 9800 XT?
>
>http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/Full/43524i0.jpg
>
>TIA
Looks Identical to the US Packaged 9800 XT's I've seen those on retail
shelves andon the ATI website. and are sold as ATI's OWn

jlc

"The artist formerly Known as Bruce In Cleveland"
<brucemorrison216@sbclgobal.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:07:56 +0000, elziko
> <elziko@NOTSPAMMINGyahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Can anyone tell me which manufacture makes this 9800 XT?
>>
>>http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/Full/43524i0.jpg
>>
>>TIA
> Looks Identical to the US Packaged 9800 XT's I've seen those on retail
> shelves andon the ATI website. and are sold as ATI's OWn

But remember just because the picture shows the real deal, it doesn't mean
that the card you'll get is the one in the picture. Check this place out to
make sure it's a good place to buy from. JLC