whats the best solution for sharing my pc broadband connec..

whats the best solution for sharing my pc UK broadband connection (only 250kbps speed) with my PS2 which is in another room and I don't want cables,
1. Do I need a wireless router instead of the broadband modem they are sending me?
2. What is the best place to site a router/modem in order to share the connection between my PC and PS2?
3. will I have to make my PC the server, and leave it on all the time when I play my PS2 online?
4. Is it easier to use an eathernet/cable connection between them (PC/PS2)?
5. what products would best fit this situation?
6. Can I connect my PC directly into a router (cable) and then use the wiereless connection for my PS2?

Any help would be appriciated.
Kenny Mac

Hawk

I don't understand your distinction between PC and PS2. Are they both
PCs? Are they both running Win98se or newer?

In general, you would connect the broadband modem to the WAN port on a
wireless router. The modem would connect to the internet via a phone
line (DSL) or to a cable TV cable. Most wireless routers also have at
least two wired (ethernet) ports. If one of your computers is a
desktop, and your cable/phone connection is near the desk, locate the
router there and connect the desktop to a LAN port on the router with
an ethernet cable. You will need a wireless NIC for your laptop. With
this configuration, the modem and router are always on line and either
or both PCs can access the internet at any time.

Check www.practicallynetworked.com for a wealth of information.

Regards, hawk

"hawk" <hawk@spamex.com> wrote in message
> I don't understand your distinction between PC and PS2. Are they both
> PCs? Are they both running Win98se or newer?

I think in this case PS2 means Playstation 2!

--
Antony Colwood

The operating system of PS2 is based on Linux, your PC can share the broadband connection with PS2, but you must use a router. Both the PC and the PS2 must connect to the router. How do you connect to your ISP? Using a DSL device?
You must have the accessory for network of your PS2.