Proprietary and Confidential Logon Acknowledgment

a b 8 Security
May 1, 2005 9:36:08 AM

I am trying to tighten up the 'legal' part of our security.
We currently make people sign the policy about email, etc, but how do I
create or establish a Proprietary and Confidential Logon Acknowledgment logon
script.

I have seen it elsewhere - I want people to agree of disagree to our
legaleze before they are able to either logon or view the main Window XP
screen.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 1, 2005 11:41:19 AM

Create Your Own Logon Message
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmor...

Create Your Own Logon Message
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=314

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Dave Abke" wrote:

| I am trying to tighten up the 'legal' part of our security.
| We currently make people sign the policy about email, etc, but how do I
| create or establish a Proprietary and Confidential Logon Acknowledgment logon
| script.
|
| I have seen it elsewhere - I want people to agree of disagree to our
| legaleze before they are able to either logon or view the main Window XP
| screen.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 1, 2005 1:41:05 PM

Dave Abke wrote:
> I am trying to tighten up the 'legal' part of our security.
> We currently make people sign the policy about email, etc, but how do I
> create or establish a Proprietary and Confidential Logon Acknowledgment logon
> script.
>
> I have seen it elsewhere - I want people to agree of disagree to our
> legaleze before they are able to either logon or view the main Window XP
> screen.

Manually, Start > Run > Regedit.exe. Navigate to and modify as
desired:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\LegalNoticeCaption

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\LegalNoticeText.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 1, 2005 8:38:01 PM

So this is a notice that has to be loaded on all of our machines
individually? Or is there something they can accept or reject at that time
if they don't agree it will not let them in our domain?

!