Run programs with Administrative Credentials

Hi!

My name is Nile I have the following question:

How on WinXp can you get a program to run with Admin's Credentials under a
limited account. By the way, I looked at RUN AS as a possible solution and
also right-clicked on links and saw you could add that...

But in every case the Admin has to come and type his password in, I don't
like that. I would just love to see those programs start up as Admin and run
well on a Limited Account.

Any ideas and help would be appreciated!

Nile
2 answers Last reply
More about programs administrative credentials

    Nile Gilmanov wrote:
    > My name is Nile I have the following question:
    >
    > How on WinXp can you get a program to run with Admin's Credentials
    > under a limited account. By the way, I looked at RUN AS as a possible
    > solution and also right-clicked on links and saw you could add that...
    >
    > But in every case the Admin has to come and type his password in, I
    > don't like that. I would just love to see those programs start up as
    > Admin and run well on a Limited Account.
    >
    > Any ideas and help would be appreciated!

    Although there are ways to always do the run-as - I think you lose too much
    doing this and gain nothing.

    Why not configure the security of file/folder/registry associated with the
    application in question so that the "user" can run the application?

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Hi!
    It seems a lot of work, I would have to watch the registry access at the
    program start up and check what it does there. Plus the same for the
    filesystem, with I guess the utilities from sysinternals.

    Do you know of a quick/other way to do it?

    Thanks
    Nile

    > Nile Gilmanov wrote:
    > > My name is Nile I have the following question:
    > >
    > > How on WinXp can you get a program to run with Admin's Credentials
    > > under a limited account. By the way, I looked at RUN AS as a possible
    > > solution and also right-clicked on links and saw you could add that...
    > >
    > > But in every case the Admin has to come and type his password in, I
    > > don't like that. I would just love to see those programs start up as
    > > Admin and run well on a Limited Account.
    > >
    > > Any ideas and help would be appreciated!
    >
    > Although there are ways to always do the run-as - I think you lose too
    much
    > doing this and gain nothing.
    >
    > Why not configure the security of file/folder/registry associated with the
    > application in question so that the "user" can run the application?
    >
    > --
    > <- Shenan ->

Security Microsoft Windows XP