Run programs with Administrative Credentials

Hi!

My name is Nile I have the following question:

How on WinXp can you get a program to run with Admin's Credentials under a
limited account. By the way, I looked at RUN AS as a possible solution and
also right-clicked on links and saw you could add that...

But in every case the Admin has to come and type his password in, I don't
like that. I would just love to see those programs start up as Admin and run
well on a Limited Account.

Any ideas and help would be appreciated!

Nile

Nile Gilmanov wrote:
> My name is Nile I have the following question:
>
> How on WinXp can you get a program to run with Admin's Credentials
> under a limited account. By the way, I looked at RUN AS as a possible
> solution and also right-clicked on links and saw you could add that...
>
> But in every case the Admin has to come and type his password in, I
> don't like that. I would just love to see those programs start up as
> Admin and run well on a Limited Account.
>
> Any ideas and help would be appreciated!

Although there are ways to always do the run-as - I think you lose too much
doing this and gain nothing.

Why not configure the security of file/folder/registry associated with the
application in question so that the "user" can run the application?

--
<- Shenan ->

Hi!
It seems a lot of work, I would have to watch the registry access at the
program start up and check what it does there. Plus the same for the
filesystem, with I guess the utilities from sysinternals.

Do you know of a quick/other way to do it?

Thanks
Nile