Trouble getting force detection settings on laptop.

I'm not sure how many people have managed to rectify this problem. But i'm
sure you're aware that you need manafacturer specific graphics drivers for
laptops. So the current drivers I have on my Presario R3000, using an ATI
Radeon Mobility 9000IGP are 6.14.10.6430. I'm not exactly sure whice ones
they are, but I don't have the ability to force detection settings to
display on an old TV properly. Now the question is this, can anyone point
me in the direction of a driver, or even a patch for my laptop to fix this
little problem.

TIA,

Daz.

--
Twinkle twinkle little star,
Guide me to the nearest bar.

I have the same series laptop with a higher end video card. (R3060 w/
mobility radeon 9200 dedicated 64mb.)

It's sort of confusing to get TV display to work, but it shouldn't need to
be "detected".

Once the TV is connected, reboot your computer...

1. Bring up Display properties
2. Choose the Settings tab
3. Click the Advanced button
4. Click the Displays button
5. Use the "TV" panel to turn TV-out on.

At this point, the desktop should appear on the TV tube..

You might have to go back to the main Desktop properties window, click the
"2" monitor icon in the diagram, and then click "extend my windows desktop
onto this monitor."

> I'm not sure how many people have managed to rectify this problem. But
i'm
> sure you're aware that you need manafacturer specific graphics drivers for
> laptops. So the current drivers I have on my Presario R3000, using an ATI
> Radeon Mobility 9000IGP are 6.14.10.6430. I'm not exactly sure whice ones
> they are, but I don't have the ability to force detection settings to
> display on an old TV properly. Now the question is this, can anyone point
> me in the direction of a driver, or even a patch for my laptop to fix this
> little problem.
>
> TIA,
>
> Daz.
>

> --
> Twinkle twinkle little star,
> Guide me to the nearest bar.
> Please don't tell me it's too far,
> I'm too drunk to drive a car.

Ooops, my bad.

The main problem was the fact I couldn't get colour, that's why I was trying
to force it.

"BeingAnonymousMakesMeObnoxious" <comeon@dood.com> wrote in message
>I have the same series laptop with a higher end video card. (R3060 w/
> mobility radeon 9200 dedicated 64mb.)
>
> It's sort of confusing to get TV display to work, but it shouldn't need to
> be "detected".
>
> Once the TV is connected, reboot your computer...
>
> 1. Bring up Display properties
> 2. Choose the Settings tab
> 3. Click the Advanced button
> 4. Click the Displays button
> 5. Use the "TV" panel to turn TV-out on.
>
> At this point, the desktop should appear on the TV tube..
>
> You might have to go back to the main Desktop properties window, click the
> "2" monitor icon in the diagram, and then click "extend my windows desktop
> onto this monitor."
>
> Ne><uS <Diablo@hell.org> wrote in message
>> I'm not sure how many people have managed to rectify this problem. But
> i'm
>> sure you're aware that you need manafacturer specific graphics drivers
>> for
>> laptops. So the current drivers I have on my Presario R3000, using an ATI
>> Radeon Mobility 9000IGP are 6.14.10.6430. I'm not exactly sure whice
>> ones
>> they are, but I don't have the ability to force detection settings to
>> display on an old TV properly. Now the question is this, can anyone
>> point
>> me in the direction of a driver, or even a patch for my laptop to fix
>> this
>> little problem.
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Daz.