Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 Download on a New Build

Last response: in Windows 7
December 8, 2010 11:32:07 PM

I am building a new computer and need some help on how to install a downloaded version of windows 7. I am able to download windows 7 32-bit for free or order an installation disc for $30. I would rather use the free download to save money, but I am not sure on how to install a downloaded windows 7 on a new build.

Thanks

More about : windows download build

a b $ Windows 7
December 8, 2010 11:45:08 PM

You will need to burn the downloaded ISO to a DVD disc and install from the DVD. Note you will have to “burn from image file” in your DVD burning software.
December 9, 2010 12:26:13 AM

Thanks for your help.
I used Nero Burning ROM 10 to burn the image of the iso. Hopefully I can get it to work. The Windows 7 Serial Number is all I will need to activate it, correct?
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
December 9, 2010 8:56:17 AM

-sizzle- said:
I am building a new computer and need some help on how to install a downloaded version of windows 7. I am able to download windows 7 32-bit for free or order an installation disc for $30. I would rather use the free download to save money, but I am not sure on how to install a downloaded windows 7 on a new build.

Thanks

How are you able to download it for free? Company arrangement?
December 9, 2010 11:45:01 AM

-sizzle- said:

Thanks

Do you work for Microsoft ? Any free downloads of Windows 7 must be dodgy and totally illegal. I'm surprized the moderators haven't removed the question ! I wonder how much you are prepared to pay for the activation key? Maybe Ebay can help !
a c 371 $ Windows 7
December 10, 2010 3:21:36 PM

the download is only free if you bought it....was this bought from microsoft?if it's from ebay it is not legit and will be deactivated
December 11, 2010 6:33:21 PM

Its legal. I am able to download it for free with a student discount for a class I am taking.
a c 209 $ Windows 7
December 11, 2010 7:26:43 PM

Microsoft's MSDN-AA (MSDN Academic Alliance) programme allows students and educators to download ISO files for selected products and provides a license key to use with them. The educational institution normally purchases the agreement with Microsoft and then provides access to students.
!