Problem with remote administration

May 2, 2005 1:12:01 PM

After upgrading a handfull of Computers to XP I can no longer access the
computers through active directory users and computers.

I think that it may have something to do with XP Firewall even though it is
dissabled.
I can right click on a computer and click on manage, but when I try and read
the event logs I get an accessed denied error, also Local Users and groups is
x'ed out, and I can't remotely access the registry.

This has only happened to computers that have been upgraded to XP.
May 10, 2005 5:12:02 PM

sounds liek the machines never joined teh domain properly of the secure
channel to the domain is messed up.

from command prompt try this "nltest /sc_query:<yourdomainhere>
/server:<workstationnamehere>". you should see successful

also, check the users groupd on the machine and make sure they are resolved
and not showing SID's.

Last thing i would do is rejoin one of the workstations to the domain.

!