Problem with remote administration

After upgrading a handfull of Computers to XP I can no longer access the
computers through active directory users and computers.

I think that it may have something to do with XP Firewall even though it is
dissabled.
I can right click on a computer and click on manage, but when I try and read
the event logs I get an accessed denied error, also Local Users and groups is
x'ed out, and I can't remotely access the registry.

This has only happened to computers that have been upgraded to XP.
1 answer Last reply
More about problem remote administration

    sounds liek the machines never joined teh domain properly of the secure
    channel to the domain is messed up.

    from command prompt try this "nltest /sc_query:<yourdomainhere>
    /server:<workstationnamehere>". you should see successful

    also, check the users groupd on the machine and make sure they are resolved
    and not showing SID's.

    Last thing i would do is rejoin one of the workstations to the domain.

    "Pete" wrote:

    > After upgrading a handfull of Computers to XP I can no longer access the
    > computers through active directory users and computers.
    >
    > I think that it may have something to do with XP Firewall even though it is
    > dissabled.
    > I can right click on a computer and click on manage, but when I try and read
    > the event logs I get an accessed denied error, also Local Users and groups is
    > x'ed out, and I can't remotely access the registry.
    >
    > This has only happened to computers that have been upgraded to XP.

Computers Windows XP