Profile Copying. "Failed to set security on the Destinatio..

I am trying to copy a profile with Computer Administrator level.

I have created 2 extra Computer Administrator profiles. One to copy the
original profile to and one to log in to to actual do the copy process.

I have followed the instructions elsewhere on this Newsgroup and all goes
well until I get the error message:

"Failed to set Security on the Destination Profile. Error - Access is denied"

I have tried removing any passwords from all three profile log ins.

I have tried copying limited user profiles with no problem.

Anyone any thoughts?

Thanks

Had same problem - fixed by taking ownership of profile and resetting
security.
(when logged in as another admin - couldn't see administrator profile - then
fixed it)
Graham

"binks" <binks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to copy a profile with Computer Administrator level.
>
> I have created 2 extra Computer Administrator profiles. One to copy the
> original profile to and one to log in to to actual do the copy process.
>
> I have followed the instructions elsewhere on this Newsgroup and all goes
> well until I get the error message:
>
> "Failed to set Security on the Destination Profile. Error - Access is
denied"

> I have tried removing any passwords from all three profile log ins.
>
> I have tried copying limited user profiles with no problem.
>
> Anyone any thoughts?
>
> Thanks

Forgive me. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "taking ownership of

binks wrote:
> I am trying to copy a profile with Computer Administrator level.
>
> I have created 2 extra Computer Administrator profiles. One to copy
> the original profile to and one to log in to to actual do the copy
> process.
>
> I have followed the instructions elsewhere on this Newsgroup and all
> goes well until I get the error message:
>
> "Failed to set Security on the Destination Profile. Error - Access
> is denied"
>
> I have tried removing any passwords from all three profile log ins.
>
> I have tried copying limited user profiles with no problem.
>
> Anyone any thoughts?

Try rebooting the system, logging in as a user not-involved in the profile
copying (but with admin rights) and then copy the profile.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP