Profile Copying. "Failed to set security on the Destinatio..

I am trying to copy a profile with Computer Administrator level.

I have created 2 extra Computer Administrator profiles. One to copy the
original profile to and one to log in to to actual do the copy process.

I have followed the instructions elsewhere on this Newsgroup and all goes
well until I get the error message:

"Failed to set Security on the Destination Profile. Error - Access is denied"

I have tried removing any passwords from all three profile log ins.

I have tried copying limited user profiles with no problem.

Anyone any thoughts?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about profile copying failed security destinatio

    Had same problem - fixed by taking ownership of profile and resetting
    security.
    (when logged in as another admin - couldn't see administrator profile - then
    fixed it)
    Graham

    "binks" <binks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am trying to copy a profile with Computer Administrator level.
    >
    > I have created 2 extra Computer Administrator profiles. One to copy the
    > original profile to and one to log in to to actual do the copy process.
    >
    > I have followed the instructions elsewhere on this Newsgroup and all goes
    > well until I get the error message:
    >
    > "Failed to set Security on the Destination Profile. Error - Access is
    denied"

    > I have tried removing any passwords from all three profile log ins.
    >
    > I have tried copying limited user profiles with no problem.
    >
    > Anyone any thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks

    Forgive me. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "taking ownership of

    binks wrote:
    > I am trying to copy a profile with Computer Administrator level.
    >
    > I have created 2 extra Computer Administrator profiles. One to copy
    > the original profile to and one to log in to to actual do the copy
    > process.
    >
    > I have followed the instructions elsewhere on this Newsgroup and all
    > goes well until I get the error message:
    >
    > "Failed to set Security on the Destination Profile. Error - Access
    > is denied"
    >
    > I have tried removing any passwords from all three profile log ins.
    >
    > I have tried copying limited user profiles with no problem.
    >
    > Anyone any thoughts?

    Try rebooting the system, logging in as a user not-involved in the profile
    copying (but with admin rights) and then copy the profile.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

Security Computers Windows XP