Changing ATI BIOS.

All I need to do is change my current BIOS BK-ATI VER008.012.017.017 so that
it sends a PAL signal instead of NTSC.

HTH do I do it?

TIA,

Daz.

--
Twinkle twinkle little star,
Guide me to the nearest bar.

"Ne><uS" <Diablo@hell.org> wrote in message
> All I need to do is change my current BIOS BK-ATI VER008.012.017.017 so
that
> it sends a PAL signal instead of NTSC.
>
> HTH do I do it?

IIRC, you can do it with RadEdit by dumping your current video BIOS to file
"whatever".bin or .rom using ATIFlash, then use RadEdit to change the TV-out
signal to PAL, then flash the modded BIOS into the card using
atiflash -f -p 0 your 8-character or less modded bios name.bin or .rom (I
just call it bios.bin for the sake of ease)--- 0= your primary video
adaptor. You can find these tools very quickly with a Google search. If
you're using W2k or XP, you'll need to boot to plain DOS with a floppy from,
say, Win98SE or so in order to use the flash utility, which uses DOS4GW as a
protected-mode runtime environment. RadEdit works in Windows. If you run
ATIFlash with no additional switches from a DOS command prompt, it will list
available switches and their descriptions. Pretty foolproof, actually, even
I managed...

I have always flashed BIOS from a pure DOS environment with the files in the
root directory with no problems, not off a floppy, which is sometimes an
unreliable medium. But if you have only a NTFS partition, this won't work,
and you'll have to load it from a floppy or bootable CDROM. I don't like
Windows-based BIOS loaders as a matter of principle...

Hope this helps...

> TIA,
>
> Daz.
>

> --
> Twinkle twinkle little star,
> Guide me to the nearest bar.
> Please don't tell me it's too far,
> I'm too drunk to drive a car.

Most ATi cards have a jumper on the board that selects between PAL and NTSC.
First check for the presence of this jumper before flashing the BIOS.