Beta Spyware goes to default page instead of detail page o..

The Beta Spyware goes to default page instead of detail page on threats. The
spyware program did delete a trojan but when I asked for detail it simply
went to the page to download the beta spyware. I also changed my default
browser page from dellnet to northwestern and the beta reports it as a hijack
attempt. How do I tell it that it is ok as I authorized the change?

Thanks,

Leo
--
What is the Law of Unintended Consequences?
1 answer Last reply

    In news:286F1C36-98E2-4400-9049-2CC6506A725D@microsoft.com,
    Leo <Leo@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > The Beta Spyware goes to default page instead of detail page on
    > threats. The spyware program did delete a trojan but when I asked for
    > detail it simply went to the page to download the beta spyware. I
    > also changed my default browser page from dellnet to northwestern and
    > the beta reports it as a hijack attempt. How do I tell it that it is
    > ok as I authorized the change?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Leo

    I don't know but tools > advanced > system explorers > IE settings > start
    page > and on the lower right you can change the page. Other than that try
    this:

    For future reference there have been newsgroups setup specifically for the
    Microsoft Anti-Spyware beta:

    Support for Beta of Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware

    At this time, support for the beta version of Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
    is being provided through the following Microsoft
    newsgroups:
    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.announcements
    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.appcompat
    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.general
    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.install
    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.networking
    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.signatures
    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.onlinecommunity

    These newsgroups can be accessed via NNTP or HTTP.

    To access these newsgroups using HTTP, please go to the following
    location:
    http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

    To access these newsgroups using NNTP, please use the following information
    for your NNTP client (such as Microsoft Outlook Express):
    - NNTP Server: privatenews.microsoft.com
    - Account name: privatenews\spyware
    - Password: spyware

    NOTE: No password will be required via the HTTP link

    Galen

    mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

Default Spyware Windows XP