Beta Spyware goes to default page instead of detail page o..

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

The Beta Spyware goes to default page instead of detail page on threats. The
spyware program did delete a trojan but when I asked for detail it simply
went to the page to download the beta spyware. I also changed my default
browser page from dellnet to northwestern and the beta reports it as a hijack
attempt. How do I tell it that it is ok as I authorized the change?

Thanks,

Leo
--
What is the Law of Unintended Consequences?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:286F1C36-98E2-4400-9049-2CC6506A725D@microsoft.com,
Leo <Leo@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> The Beta Spyware goes to default page instead of detail page on
> threats. The spyware program did delete a trojan but when I asked for
> detail it simply went to the page to download the beta spyware. I
> also changed my default browser page from dellnet to northwestern and
> the beta reports it as a hijack attempt. How do I tell it that it is
> ok as I authorized the change?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Leo

I don't know but tools > advanced > system explorers > IE settings > start
page > and on the lower right you can change the page. Other than that try
this:

For future reference there have been newsgroups setup specifically for the
Microsoft Anti-Spyware beta:

Support for Beta of Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware

At this time, support for the beta version of Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
is being provided through the following Microsoft
newsgroups:
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.announcements
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.appcompat
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.general
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.install
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.networking
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.signatures
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.onlinecommunity

These newsgroups can be accessed via NNTP or HTTP.

To access these newsgroups using HTTP, please go to the following
location:
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

To access these newsgroups using NNTP, please use the following information
for your NNTP client (such as Microsoft Outlook Express):
- NNTP Server: privatenews.microsoft.com
- Account name: privatenews\spyware
- Password: spyware

NOTE: No password will be required via the HTTP link

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

TRENDING THREADS