Iam looking for a video card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
November 28, 2004 4:20:55 PM

the better deal on a newer card to use with a HDTV Wonder, I would prefer
256mb ddr. Would anyone have the consideration to guide me between a 9600
pro, or do I shoot the bucks for a 9800 pro. No, I am not a big time gamer,
but I would not want a product that is lacking either.
Thanks,
Stephen

More about : iam video card

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 28, 2004 11:17:27 PM

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:20:55 -0500, "sdzierza" <sdzierza@adelphia.net>
wrote:

>the better deal on a newer card to use with a HDTV Wonder, I would prefer
>256mb ddr. Would anyone have the consideration to guide me between a 9600
>pro, or do I shoot the bucks for a 9800 pro. No, I am not a big time gamer,
>but I would not want a product that is lacking either.

A128 MB RAdeon 9800 Pro is a better buy than a 256 MB Radeon 9600Pro
(or XT). Thing is, these slower boards have 256 MB of memory mainly
for marketing-reasons. More memory seems better, but it dosn't give
any performance increase. Often there can be a 128 MB and 256 MB
version of cheap boards and the 128 MB version is faster because it
uses 128 MB of fast memory instead of 256 MB of cheaper memory.

--
Clas Mehus
Dataguiden : http://www.pcworld.no/dataguiden/