secure sites

can anyone help with this problem please? Whenever I try to access a secure
site (https etc) I get message "page not available". Normal sites work OK. At
first I thought it was connected to settings in Internet Explorer, but this
is not the case - other browsers such as Netscape have the same result. It is
clearly some setting with internet connections. I login via a router to a
shared broadband connections, but other PC's using the same connection do not
have this problem, so it must be a setting on my PC which has become
corrupted- it used to work fine.
1 answer Last reply
More about secure sites

    In news:00F57C62-4AAB-4791-9126-DB208C555855@microsoft.com,
    johnrambo <johnrambo@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > can anyone help with this problem please? Whenever I try to access a
    > secure site (https etc) I get message "page not available". Normal
    > sites work OK. At first I thought it was connected to settings in
    > Internet Explorer, but this is not the case - other browsers such as
    > Netscape have the same result. It is clearly some setting with
    > internet connections. I login via a router to a shared broadband
    > connections, but other PC's using the same connection do not have
    > this problem, so it must be a setting on my PC which has become
    > corrupted- it used to work fine.

    Try this site first:

    How to troubleshoot problems accessing secure web pages with IE6 SP2 (XP)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870700

    Galen

    mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

Windows XP