Need Installation Software for Kodak DC40

Does anyone know where I can obtain the original Windows installation
software (disks or download) for a Kodak DC40 digital camera? I've got
the firmware, updated TWAIN driver, and PhotoEnhancer software, but
Windows 98 won't add the device without the installation files. Tried
connecting to the camera using TWAIN support in PaperPort, but the
Kodak Digital Camera Image Access helper app says it couldn't access
the camera. Have googled my a55 off trying to figure this out. Any
help would be appreciated.
4 answers Last reply
More about need installation software kodak dc40

    wjgates778@yahoo.com (WJ Gates) wrote in message news:<d7a4a1f6.0404101848.65e16554@posting.google.com>...
    > Does anyone know where I can obtain the original Windows installation
    > software (disks or download) for a Kodak DC40 digital camera?
    [...]

    Already been to the Kodak website (thanks for the pointers, though).
    I've dl'd the software they have, installed it, but it isn't what's
    required to get Windows to recognize the camera (using the
    Scanner/Camera Wizard to add the camera). It wants the "installation
    disk" (with a .INF file). The only cameras Windows recognizes are way
    newer than this one (circa 1996). It's not USB (it's serial cable), so
    no hotplug. It's got a TWAIN driver, but I can't get software to
    access it. I hope it's not a cable/hardware problem (the camera seems
    to work fine on its own), but I really can't be sure without
    installing it "the right way". And for that I need the original
    installation disks. If anyone happens to have the software, or know
    somewhere I can get it, I'd be really grateful. (Or, of course, I
    could be doing something *else* wrong; I'm no expert in this area.)

    -WJ Gates

    "WJ Gates" <wjgates778@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know where I can obtain the original Windows installation
    > software (disks or download) for a Kodak DC40 digital camera? I've got
    > the firmware, updated TWAIN driver, and PhotoEnhancer software, but
    > Windows 98 won't add the device without the installation files. Tried
    > connecting to the camera using TWAIN support in PaperPort, but the
    > Kodak Digital Camera Image Access helper app says it couldn't access
    > the camera. Have googled my a55 off trying to figure this out. Any
    > help would be appreciated.

    Try this. It is on the Kodak Support site.
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/downloads/dln_ekn.jhtml?ekn=EKN007609

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    Greetings WJ,

    We have not forgotten our DC40 camera owners, WJ, and the software that was
    on the original CD is online. Go to the following link using Kodak GO
    technology. On the DC40 Support page choose the 'Downloads and Upgrades'
    then choose the first option or the Y2K update. There is additional
    information on that page. Let me know if you are successful. You can
    contact me offline if you like at my noted address. I will try to find the
    original CD to see what is on it.

    Talk to you soon,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    "WJ Gates" <wjgates778@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know where I can obtain the original Windows installation
    > software (disks or download) for a Kodak DC40 digital camera? I've got
    > the firmware, updated TWAIN driver, and PhotoEnhancer software, but
    > Windows 98 won't add the device without the installation files. Tried
    > connecting to the camera using TWAIN support in PaperPort, but the
    > Kodak Digital Camera Image Access helper app says it couldn't access
    > the camera. Have googled my a55 off trying to figure this out. Any
    > help would be appreciated.

    WJ,

    What software do you have for experimenting? What twain program is
    accessing the camera? You mentioned Photoenhancer, which should work. I
    should be able to find the original software but please note that copies are
    rare. Let me know all the particulars. You mentioned the camera scanner
    wizard which tells me you are likely using Win XP? The DC40 will not work
    on that system.

    Talk to you soon, let me know the specifics.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    > wjgates778@yahoo.com (WJ Gates) wrote in message
    > > Does anyone know where I can obtain the original Windows installation
    > > software (disks or download) for a Kodak DC40 digital camera?
    > [...]
    >
    > Already been to the Kodak website (thanks for the pointers, though).
    > I've dl'd the software they have, installed it, but it isn't what's
    > required to get Windows to recognize the camera (using the
    > Scanner/Camera Wizard to add the camera). It wants the "installation
    > disk" (with a .INF file). The only cameras Windows recognizes are way
    > newer than this one (circa 1996). It's not USB (it's serial cable), so
    > no hotplug. It's got a TWAIN driver, but I can't get software to
    > access it. I hope it's not a cable/hardware problem (the camera seems
    > to work fine on its own), but I really can't be sure without
    > installing it "the right way". And for that I need the original
    > installation disks. If anyone happens to have the software, or know
    > somewhere I can get it, I'd be really grateful. (Or, of course, I
    > could be doing something *else* wrong; I'm no expert in this area.)
    >
    > -WJ Gates

Cameras Software Kodak Peripherals