Need Installation Software for Kodak DC40

Tags:
  • Cameras
  • Software
  • Kodak
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 10, 2004 11:48:29 PM

Does anyone know where I can obtain the original Windows installation
software (disks or download) for a Kodak DC40 digital camera? I've got
the firmware, updated TWAIN driver, and PhotoEnhancer software, but
Windows 98 won't add the device without the installation files. Tried
connecting to the camera using TWAIN support in PaperPort, but the
Kodak Digital Camera Image Access helper app says it couldn't access
the camera. Have googled my a55 off trying to figure this out. Any
help would be appreciated.

More about : installation software kodak dc40

Anonymous
April 11, 2004 2:17:34 PM

wjgates778@yahoo.com (WJ Gates) wrote in message news:<d7a4a1f6.0404101848.65e16554@posting.google.com>...
> Does anyone know where I can obtain the original Windows installation
> software (disks or download) for a Kodak DC40 digital camera?
[...]

Already been to the Kodak website (thanks for the pointers, though).
I've dl'd the software they have, installed it, but it isn't what's
required to get Windows to recognize the camera (using the
Scanner/Camera Wizard to add the camera). It wants the "installation
disk" (with a .INF file). The only cameras Windows recognizes are way
newer than this one (circa 1996). It's not USB (it's serial cable), so
no hotplug. It's got a TWAIN driver, but I can't get software to
access it. I hope it's not a cable/hardware problem (the camera seems
to work fine on its own), but I really can't be sure without
installing it "the right way". And for that I need the original
installation disks. If anyone happens to have the software, or know
somewhere I can get it, I'd be really grateful. (Or, of course, I
could be doing something *else* wrong; I'm no expert in this area.)

-WJ Gates
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 9:07:56 PM

"WJ Gates" <wjgates778@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:D 7a4a1f6.0404101848.65e16554@posting.google.com...
> Does anyone know where I can obtain the original Windows installation
> software (disks or download) for a Kodak DC40 digital camera? I've got
> the firmware, updated TWAIN driver, and PhotoEnhancer software, but
> Windows 98 won't add the device without the installation files. Tried
> connecting to the camera using TWAIN support in PaperPort, but the
> Kodak Digital Camera Image Access helper app says it couldn't access
> the camera. Have googled my a55 off trying to figure this out. Any
> help would be appreciated.

Try this. It is on the Kodak Support site.
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/downloads/dln_ek...

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Greetings WJ,

We have not forgotten our DC40 camera owners, WJ, and the software that was
on the original CD is online. Go to the following link using Kodak GO
technology. On the DC40 Support page choose the 'Downloads and Upgrades'
then choose the first option or the Y2K update. There is additional
information on that page. Let me know if you are successful. You can
contact me offline if you like at my noted address. I will try to find the
original CD to see what is on it.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

"WJ Gates" <wjgates778@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:D 7a4a1f6.0404101848.65e16554@posting.google.com...
> Does anyone know where I can obtain the original Windows installation
> software (disks or download) for a Kodak DC40 digital camera? I've got
> the firmware, updated TWAIN driver, and PhotoEnhancer software, but
> Windows 98 won't add the device without the installation files. Tried
> connecting to the camera using TWAIN support in PaperPort, but the
> Kodak Digital Camera Image Access helper app says it couldn't access
> the camera. Have googled my a55 off trying to figure this out. Any
> help would be appreciated.
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 7:30:24 PM

WJ,

What software do you have for experimenting? What twain program is
accessing the camera? You mentioned Photoenhancer, which should work. I
should be able to find the original software but please note that copies are
rare. Let me know all the particulars. You mentioned the camera scanner
wizard which tells me you are likely using Win XP? The DC40 will not work
on that system.

Talk to you soon, let me know the specifics.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

news:D 7a4a1f6.0404110917.669332c1@posting.google.com...

!