power supply question for a radeon 9200...

hi all,

this may not be the proper group to ask this question, but....

knowing first hand the importance of having a properly rated power
supply to power an ati 9200 card. i would like to get a similar card for
my kids pc. the problem is, im here and they are there. i cant
physically look at the pc to look at the psu installed.

is there any reliable, free software available that can tell what the
rating of the psu installed in a machine is?

as always, any suggestion are greatly appreciated.

bob brozewicz
pittsburgh, pa.

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

No, power supplies don't plug and play. You have to look at the sticker on
it.

DaveL

"bob brozewicz" <brozewicz.rf@verizon.net> wrote in message
> hi all,
>
> this may not be the proper group to ask this question, but....
>
> knowing first hand the importance of having a properly rated power
> supply to power an ati 9200 card. i would like to get a similar card for
> my kids pc. the problem is, im here and they are there. i cant
> physically look at the pc to look at the psu installed.
>
> is there any reliable, free software available that can tell what the
> rating of the psu installed in a machine is?
>
> as always, any suggestion are greatly appreciated.
>
> bob brozewicz
> pittsburgh, pa.

thats what i was figuring before i sent the post (wishful thinking). ill
have to have one of my three daughter roll up their sleeves and take the
cover off the machine after they unplug it.