aiw 9600xt

The manual says you could display images on both the TV and VGA monitor
simultaneously. I could only get it to work one at a time. Can somebody
tell me how? TIA
Jerry
5 answers Last reply
More about 9600xt

    "jerry" <jerw@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > The manual says you could display images on both the TV and VGA monitor
    > simultaneously. I could only get it to work one at a time. Can somebody
    > tell me how? TIA
    > Jerry

    I don't think you can dislpay to an LCD monitor and a TV at the same time.
    My AIW128Pro is this way too. The 9600 manual says you have to connect to a
    CRT to setup the HDTV adapter. Should work with a CRT though. ATI really
    needs to get around this. CRTs are going away.

    I'm pretty sure that you are incorrect. I've done this with quite a few
    ATI cards, from the Radeon VE to the 9600 and also several AIW cards.
    Although not a 9600XT, specifically.

    > I'm pretty sure that you are incorrect. I've done this with quite a few
    > ATI cards, from the Radeon VE to the 9600 and also several AIW cards.
    > Although not a 9600XT, specifically.
    >

    > T Shadow wrote:
    >
    > > "jerry" <jerw@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>The manual says you could display images on both the TV and VGA monitor
    > >>simultaneously. I could only get it to work one at a time. Can somebody
    > >>tell me how? TIA
    > >>Jerry
    > >

    > > I don't think you can dislpay to an LCD monitor and a TV at the same
    time.
    > > My AIW128Pro is this way too. The 9600 manual says you have to connect
    to a
    > > CRT to setup the HDTV adapter. Should work with a CRT though. ATI really
    > > needs to get around this. CRTs are going away.

    May have drawn the wrong conclusion from my manual. All it said was a CRT
    was needed to set up the HDTV accessory. The detail of the lcd not working
    with the tv in the 128pro was not easy to find either. I can test this
    tomorow.

    "jerry" <jerw@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > The manual says you could display images on both the TV and VGA monitor
    > simultaneously. I could only get it to work one at a time. Can somebody
    > tell me how? TIA
    > Jerry

    When I booted first time I got the BIOS screen on monitor and tv. once into
    windows only the monitor was displaying. Right click on an open area of the
    desktop then properties> setttings> advanced> displays> then click on the
    upper left hand corner of the TV button(blue on, red off). Then click apply.

    If thats not it, how are you getting one or the other? Just so its covered,
    only 2 devices can display at the same time.

    "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
    > "Barry Watzman" <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > I'm pretty sure that you are incorrect. I've done this with quite a few
    > > ATI cards, from the Radeon VE to the 9600 and also several AIW cards.
    > > Although not a 9600XT, specifically.
    > >

    > > T Shadow wrote:
    > >
    > > > "jerry" <jerw@shaw.ca> wrote in message

    > > > I don't think you can dislpay to an LCD monitor and a TV at the same
    > time.
    > > > My AIW128Pro is this way too. The 9600 manual says you have to
    connect
    > to a
    > > > CRT to setup the HDTV adapter. Should work with a CRT though. ATI
    really
    > > > needs to get around this. CRTs are going away.
    > > >

    > May have drawn the wrong conclusion from my manual. All it said was a CRT
    > was needed to set up the HDTV accessory. The detail of the lcd not working
    > with the tv in the 128pro was not easy to find either. I can test this
    > tomorow.

    I can't easily connect directly to the monitor but it works through a KVM so
    I'll assume you are right. Thanks for the correction.

Radeon Graphics